The "Party's" Beginning | Chapter 15

"Welcome to my first official party in my flat!" I said enthusiastically to Simon and Talia as they walked through my flat door.
"Wack party" Simon said as he went over to my couch and flopped down.
"Oh shut up Simon. We showed up early" Talia said defending me and my party.
"You told me it started at 7 in the evening though" Simon said furrowing his eyebrows in slight confusion.
"Who in the fucks party starts at 7, and I needed you two to help me set up. Talia said to tell you it started earlier" I said with a smirk on my face as me and Talia high fived.
"Outplayed by girls yet again. Smarties" Simon said laughing as he stood up and made his way towards me and Talia in the kitchen.

"So me and Talia are going to the shop for party snacks? And you're setting some lighting and seating up, yea?" Simon asked me and Talia looking between the two of us probably five times within the one sentence.
"Yes Simon! Oh my, we've explained it three times already" I said starting to get annoyed at Simon for how clueless he was acting.
"I'm just tugging your strings, chill out. Heard you the first time" Simon said with a smirk on his face as he grabbed Talia's hand, walking towards the door, grabbing his car keys, and walking out.

I set out the last bowl on my counter, I had about three of them that would be full of different crisp people could choose from. I had some purple LED lights around the place, along with moving some of my lounge room furniture around to fit more people. I made sure I had a lot of bowls out for people to use with the chips, along with some red solo cups for the drinks Talia and Simon would be bringing back.

I got brought out of deep thought as I heard a series of thuds bounce off the walls of my flat. I took both of my hands off of my counter and lifted my head up confused on what I had just heard. The thuds hit my ears again, but this time my brain had been functioning enough for me to recognize it as the knocking of someone who was at my door. I picked up my phone off the counter next to me confused on what time it might have been. Seeing that it was only 7:45 I assumed it couldn't have been anyone coming to the party, since it was actually starting at 9pm.

*knock knock*
"Aria, are you there!"
I heard Vikk's voice making it through the cracks between the door and the surrounding walls and floor.
"Oh uhm. Yea I'm here. Sorry!" I stumbled out my words as I rushed over to my door to open it up so that he wouldn't have to wait any longer.
"Thanks" Vikk smiled at me before he walked past me into my flat.
"Oh, yea of course" I said as I turned around to see him already sitting down on my sofa and making himself at home. I turned myself back around to the door and stood there for a second before closing it gently.
"Hey, what's up with you" Vikk asked abruptly which made my attention land onto him.
"I'm just.. really nervous about this party I guess. What if nobody shows up?" I said hesitant to tell anyone about how I truly felt.
"So that's why you really went all out huh?" Vikk asked as he laughed a little and patted next to him on the cushion for me to come sit down.
"Listen, people are going to come, I promise. And even if they didn't, I'm sure we'd have an amazing time on our own" Vikk said as he rested both of his hands on my shoulders and pulled me into a hug as he had finished his sentence.
"You're probably right. I have nothing to worry about" I smiled as we pulled out of the hug.
"Exactly. Stop overthinking things" He said as he ruffled my hair and leaned back into the couch pulling out his phone and doing his own thing.

"Stop overthinking things" I whispered quietly to myself as I got up off the couch and went back over to the kitchen.

"we're backkk!" Talia said loudly walking into the flat and posing with the bags in her hands, as Simon followed her probably carrying about double the amount.
"Thank you so much guys! Oh and by the way Simon, Vikk's here so you two can hang while me and Talia set up" I said smiling while trying to remember 'stop overthinking things'

I put the last bottle of alcohol on the counter as Talia poured out the last bag of crisp into the bowl I had set out.
"Perfect" I said after stepping back and looking at the room in all its glory.
"It's going to be a great party and a great night sweetie" Talia said to me and she gave me a huge hug.
"I hope so" I said while hugging her back even harder. A few people had shown up while we were setting up, but nobody that I wouldn't have wanted here. It was only Harry, the Cal's, Gee, Chip, Will, and Tobi.
"There's gonna be a few youtube people here that I've never met before and I really don't want to make a bad first impression" I said getting nervous again and Talia released me from the hug.
I went over the the counter and shifted one of the crisp bowls about an inch to left, and rearranged the order of some of the alcohol bottles.
"Aria. Stop. Overthinking. Things." I heard Vikk's voice from behind me and I leaned over the counter with my hands covering my face.
"I'll try Vikk, I'll try" I said as I stood up and turned to give him a small smile.

Mostly everyone was here at this point. A lot of the youtuber I had already known, a few random friends from home and a few I've met in London, and also a few youtubers I haven't talked to at all other than over text.
From across the room I spotted Will standing next to his girlfriend, but also standing next to a couple boys that I recognized. ImAlexx, JamesMarriot, and one other that looked like I may know him, but I couldn't quite put a name to the face. Will noticed me looking over towards them and motioned for me to come over. I made my way slowly over to them as the loud music played in my ears and the liquid in my cup swayed with each step.
"Hi Aria!" The short one named Alex said almost as soon as I walked over.
"Oh you know my name. Well hi. Alex? Right?" I said as I looked over at Will for reassurance on getting his name right.
"Yep. I know almost every youtuber or influencer if they're popular. Gotta keep in the loop" Alex said as he smiled at me and then looked down at his cup.
"Woah okay there bud. No need to intimidate me too much on our first meet. I was already intimidated my your massive stature" I said jokingly which made one of the boys laugh. I looked in the direction to see the boy who was almost recognizable.
"This is George, or well... Memeulous" Will said as he put his arm around the shorter boys shoulders.
"Oh wow uhm, hi I'm-" I started to speak but was cut off.
"No need. I watch a lot of your videos, quite the cute one aren't you?" George said making me blush and look down at my feet smiling.
"Hey. Jj's gonna be here soon let's go wait, yea?" Harry said quickly as he walked over and grabbed my hand pulling me away from the group of boys.

"What was that about" I leaned in to ask Harry since we were quite close to the music speakers.
"I told you. Jj's here" He said pointing to my flat door which had just opened.

I began to walk over to the door as I saw Jj walk in, but stopped in my tracks as I saw a gorgeous girl walking in behind him, hand in hand.