| Chapter 28

I sat on my sofa staring at my phone screen which contained my text messages with Jj. I had been thinking about texting him for the past three minutes. I wanted to tell him I was now free for the night, but didn't want the questions that would come along with it.

     Fuck it, he's probably not even going to ask anyways.

  To Jide:
     Turns out I'm free tonight. You at your flat?

     I placed my phone down waiting for a reply, but ended up only having to wait about twenty seconds before he replied.

  From Jide:
     Yea I'm here. Come by ;)

     I laughed at his stupid use of a winky face and locked my phone. Standing up off my sofa I grabbed a jumper I had accidentally stole from Harry earlier and headed out of my flat door. I walked down the hallway and pressed the lift button, waiting for it to come up. The doors slowly opened and in front of me stood Katie.

     "Oh, hi" I said, giving her a small wave and then walking into the lift.
     "Hey" She said, without even looking at me. She just stared down at her phone.
     "I really like your outfit" I told Katie. I was trying super hard to strike up some type of conversation. I know she isn't too fond of me, but she didn't have to show it to my face.
     "Thanks. I like my boyfriends jumper" She said as she looked at me in the corner of her eye, but soon turned her sight back at her phone.
     "Oh, do you want me to give it to you? I'm sorry if you don't like me having it" I asked her nicely.
     "No. You can keep it. You already take enough of him away from me, a jumper isn't much more" She said in a slight bitchy tone.

     The lift dinged and the doors opened to the main floor. We both walked out at the same time, but as we started to walk separate ways I spoke under my breath.
     "Cause being a bitch is gonna make him stay with you, sure"

     "What was that" Katie asked, turning around to look at me.
     "I think you heard it, but sorry I already forgot what I said" I told her as I continued to walk over to my car.

     I unlocked my car with my keys and got in, starting the engine and putting some music on.

     I knocked on the door of the loft and the door opened very quickly after.
     "Hey. I missed you" Jj said smiling down at me.
   "Shut up, we were barely away from each other for a day" I said, laughing at him.

     "Here. Get on" Jj said, turning around and squatting so I could hop on his back.
     "Is this your training for the day, carrying my weight on your back" I asked him in a joking tone, as I brought my face over his shoulder and gave him a quick peck on the cheek.
     "This wouldn't even be a warm up, you're lighter than a feather" Jj said with a smirk as he walked off into the lounge with me still on his back.
     "To you maybe, reckon I couldn't even lift my own body weight" I told Jj, which was probably true. I was never one to go to the gym much, and if I did I was very inconsistent with going.

     "Maybe I'll have to turn into your gym buddy then, going together every day" Jj said as he placed me down on the sofa lightly.
     "Is this just you trying to spend more time with me Jide?" I said as I smiled up at him.
     "How'd you know?" He asked me with a cute laugh.
     "Because I'm great, and everyone wants to spend more time with me" I said jokingly as I whipped my hair over my shoulder.
     "I know you meant that as a joke, but you're not wrong" Jj said as he sat down beside me and turned the tv on.

     We ended up settling on Breaking Bad, which I haven't watched much of, but have been recommended multiple times. We were in a comfortable silence for a while. Jj's arm around my shoulders, me leaning into him and cuddling up with a blanket. Although he broke the silence by asking me a question, the one I was worried about, because I hadn't come up with a fake answer yet.

     "So why'd you leave Harry's so soon after telling me you were there for the night?" He asked, looking over at me, waiting for an answer.
     "Oh. I just wasn't feeling good" I told Jj. Stupid, that's what I was. Probably the worst lie I could have said in this situation.
     "Then why'd you come over here if you don't feel well?" Jj asked me with a confused look on his face.
     "Well I felt fine, but.... nevermind. Just don't worry about it. I'm here to spend time with you and that's great" I said smiling at Jj, hoping he would just leave it alone.

     "Harry didn't do something stupid did he?" Jj asked me as he placed his right hand on my thigh.
     "No. I promise. I was just a little tired for all the energy he had" I told Jj. Now see this was a lie I could get away with. Although I knew I shouldn't be lying, I couldn't really just tell Jj that I left because me and Harry were cuddling and then I got reminded he has a girlfriend.

     "Makes sense. He can really tucker you out" Jj said with a small laugh as he went to lay down on the couch and pulled me down with him.

     I laid on top of his chest while we both continued to watch the show. As I started to drift off to sleep, I felt a soft kiss from Jj on the top of my head, and after that I was completely out cold for night.