The Friendly Date

Your point of view~

I had almost forgotten that Kurapika also won the swimming contest. So I planned a friendly date for us, and I sent Gon and Killua somewhere so Killua would leave us alone. I know how he is when I'm with another guy. It's not like I'm going to be kissing Kurapika or anything. Just a friendly date. Killua and Gon were on the boat with Mallory to make sure she goes home safely. Sorry Killua. I sighed.

"Are you ready for today?" Kurapika asked over the phone.

"Yeah. I can't wait to see what you have planned." I smiled.

"I hope you like the plans. Leorio is so jealous and he won't see stop bugging me." Kurapika laughed.

"Well he didn't win the contest so he doesn't get a friendly date. Not only that, I've already went on a date with Leorio."

"Yeah. I'll make sure to tell him that. Well I'll see you tonight."

"See you."

We hung up and all of a sudden.

"WHY?" Killua came through the door.

"K-Killua?" I said.

"You tried to get away with this." He said.

"No, I just wanted Mallory home safely." I said as I crossed my arms.

"No. You're a clever girl. And then I realized that Kurapika had also won the contest."

"Killua, it's just a friendly date." I said.

"Until he tries to do things to you."

"He wouldn't do that."

Killua looked at me. "You're right. Kurapika is Kurapika after all."

"Yeah. Knowing him, he isn't going to do anything." I smiled.

"Please let me spy on you." Killua said.

"No. And if I find out that you do..." I paused.

"What will happen to me?" Killua asked with a smartass smile.

"I'll break up with you." I'm obviously bluffing but I don't want him following me. I know he is just trying to keep an eye on me but he doesn't have to do it every minute.

"Fine. I won't spy on you. I'll just have Gon do it for me instead." Killua said.

"What?"

"Gon is your brother. So if he spied on you, what are you going to do about him? Not make him your brother anymore? That's not possible."

"I'll still break up with you, you're the one that sent him, you dumbass." I said.

"Good point." Killua said as he sighed. "I just want to look out for you and make sure you are safe." Killua frowned.

"I know but you don't have to worry over nothing. Kurapika is my friend and I promised him a friendly date." I smiled.

"I know."

"Killua." I went up to him and whispered something in his ear.

His face turned extremely red. "No Y/n." He said.

"Please."

"F-Fine. I'll stay here but I'm not doing that." He said as he looked down flustered.

"It's okay Killua." I said as I hugged him.

"It's not that big of a deal. It's just like hanging out with a friend." Killua said.

"Yeah." I said as I let go.

"I hope you have fun tonight and I promise that I won't spy on you." Killua said.

"Good." I smiled.

Later that night~

"Kurapika is here." Mito said.

"Okay." I replied as I walked to the door and greeted Kurapika outside. "So you planned everything, correct?"

"Yeah. I hope you have fun." Kurapika smiled.

We were both dressed up causally, not formally.

"Let me guess, Killua got jealous?" Kurapika smiled.

"Yeah. He is always so overprotective of me." I said.

"Well, that's kind of a good thing. I'd rather have someone overprotective of me rather than not protective at all." Kurapika said. "Killua is a good friend."

Kurapika took me to the beach and we stood under the moonlight as our toes dug into the sand with our shoes in hand.

"I wanted to talk to you so badly that I tried to win the contest." Kurapika laughed. "You're also a good friend Y/n."

"Talk to me about what?" I asked.

"Well about Killua. You two are so cute together honestly. I don't think I've ever seen a cuter couple. I think you two need to hang out more. Like alone."

"Why? I think we're fine the way we are." I blushed.

Kurapika stopped walking and I stopped walking too.

"Kurapika?" I said.

"I got it. You will take him out on his birthday." Kurapika said.

"What?"

"Yeah. But you shouldn't stay on Whale Island. I'm sure Killua knows everything on Whale Island by now."

"So where do you think we should go?" I asked.

"Hmm. I'll come up with and idea." Kurapika smiled.

After talking for two hours or so, we headed back.

Killua was at the door.

"He didn't do anything to you did he?"

"Of course not. We just talked." I said.

"About what?"

"It's a secret." I said.

"Y/n. You can't do this to me." Killua said.

I just laughed.

"Did you at least have a good time?" Killua asked.

"Yeah."

Killua looked up at Kurapika. "Thanks for letting her have a good time. But if I figure out that you did something to her, who knows what I'll do to you."

"Relax Killua. All we did was talk."

"Good."

Kurapika then left.

"Y/n. You're back." Gon yawned.

"Are you okay Gon?" I asked.

"Yeah. I'm just super tired and I don't know why." Gon said.

"It is kinda late." I said. "We should all go to sleep."

"Yeah." Gon said.

To be continued...

Thanks for reading!!!