Part 12

JIN'S POV

Big boss let me rest for the rest of the week. I felt bad for Jimin because big boss has been peppering him with office works. What made me happy was when Jimin told me that ChanRi was looking for me. Jimin said that Chanri asked him to buy her ice cream. I remember his story about Chanri calling him Park. I can't stop laughing about it.

I didn't tell eomma what happened. I just told her I tried to open a box with a cutter and it slipped. I tried to mask the muscle pain by trying to walk straight and taking pain relievers. Those little white lies made me feel damn guilty but I don't want her to worry. While on my short break, I still help her on deliveries. Then she will let me stay in bed the whole day.

Monday came and my rest is officially over. Time flies so fast. Even though my bosses can be toxic at times, i know there's still a good side of them. I am forever grateful to them for bringing me to ER and letting me rest.

"Welcome back hyung!" Jimin greeted me with his cute smile. "How are you?"

"I'm great. How are you?" I asked back.

"Tired. I'm actually dreading for Monday. I think 2 days off are too short for my tired muscles. Mr. Kim had been very commanding. Then Chanri added up to my work load. She can be annoying when she wants to. Like intentionally! My only consolation was I never got scolded." Jimin answered.

I laughed, "I'll help you today. I brought rice cakes. Here." As I give Jimin my eomma's rice cakes.

"Oppa!" I heard a little voice called from behind.

I looked and it's ChanRi. "Oh, hi princess. How are you?"

"Why are you absent?" Her voice sounds like she's annoyed.

"I've been sick but I'm okay now." I smiled at her.

As I looked up, I saw Mr. Dumbass in dashing red top bearing his signature expressionless face. Well, he looked handsome in red.

"Into my office Seokjin."

I opened my backpack and picked the top he lent me. Clean and tidy. ChanRi held my hand as we follow his always angry father to the office.

"Sir, thank you so much for your help. Here's the top you lent me." I put the top on his table. He just stared at me. His legs crossed and his hand massaging his temple.

"The next time you lie to me, I will deduct the hospital bills I spent for you from your salary. I hate liars!" He growled at me. I stiffened.

"I apologize sir. It won't happen again."

"Don't shout at him father. He was sick." Chanri wrapped his arms around my waist. "You should apologize to him."

My eyes widened by what Chanri just said.

"What?!" Taehyung looked at Chanri. He was perplexed.

"No Chanri, oppa was wrong." I looked at Chanri hoping she will just stop talking.

Chanri did not insist. Thankfully.

"Okay then let's just eat ice cream!". I saw Taehyung's ice darted to his daughter.

"No. You will go to school." Taehyung said, his voice stern.

"But father, I don't want to go to school." ChanRi, teary eyed.

Taehyung stood up. He clenched his fist and walked to where ChanRi is standing, "That's an order ChanRi. Now get out of my office and go to school." Taehyung started to yell.

"I don't want school." ChanRi yelled in return.

Taehyung gestured his hand and ChanRi covered her face in defense. I hopped in between them. "Sir Sir No. Don't hit her. She's just a kid."

Taehyung's eyes looked at me with anger. He clenched his jaw. I looked at ChanRi, "Princess, what if you go to school and I will buy ice cream for you? Once you arrived from school, your ice cream is ready. What about that?" I smiled, say yes say yes.

"But oppa, I don't want school." Said ChanRi, sobbing.

I shook my head and kneeled. I held her hand, "Princess, first, you should not yell at your father. It's not right. You should apologize. A princess do not behave like that. Remember, you're asking for your father to apologize for screaming? Second, you should listen to him. He is right, you should go to school. School is good for you. You'll meet friends. If you want to be a real princess, you should go to school. If you'll be a good girl, then you can have as many ice cream as you want in all flavors. Nice right?"

ChanRi's face lit up a bit. I can see that she's hesitant. I squeeze her hands and grinned at her.

"Can you drive me to school, oppa?" she said in between sobs.

"But oppa doesn't know how to drive. And I need to work for your.."

"Bring her to school. She has a personal driver. At the lobby." Taehyung ordered. He turned his back from us, hands in his pocket and went straight to his personal wash room.

JUNGKOOK'S POV

I've been in my car for a while now. Actually 2 weeks have been very stressful since I am inside my car most of the time. My fucking bestfriend Kim Taehyung had me spying to someone else's lives and that's been going on everytime he is interested to someone whether it is business related or just about his pure bullshit.

I've been parked nearby a shop. Near enough to see what's going in and out of that small shop with, I believe, a house attached to it. I am sipping my starbucks and some subway sandwich for breakfast. Around 9, I went out of my car and head on to the shop.

As I enter, the shop isn't bad but it is quite cramped. There's a small round table at the corner with some chairs around it. Maybe reserved for those who are waiting for their orders. There is a door at the side maybe connected to the house of the owner.

There is a stall with varieties of rice cakes. I looked around the shop. It was well lit with pastel design.

"Hi Sir. Do you want to order anything?" I heard someone spoke behind me. I did not even notice she went in from the side door. She is a middle aged woman bearing a sweet smile. Her features were undeniably just like the person Taehyung asked me to spy on to.

"Hi Madam! Yes I would like to try all the flavors of the rice cakes. 5pcs each." I smiled back.

"I would gladly pack them for you." She mused, smile still not leaving her beautiful face. "Are you living nearby? How did you know about my shop?"

"My friend told me about this. My mother loves rice cakes and I will visit her today." I lied. It made me felt guilty. It's hard to tell white lies to a lovely woman like her.

"That's nice to hear. You reminded me of my son. He too is very handsome." She cheerfully said. I somehow blushed for the compliment. I scratch the back of my head.

"Thank you madam. You don't have someone to help you here?" I asked my eyes wanders.

"Oh.. i don't need one. My son is helping with the deliveries every morning." she mused.

"So he's delivering your cakes now?" Well, i know he is in the office

"No. He's actually working in one of the biggest company in South Korea. He will help with the deliveries early in the morning before he goes off to work. He works so hard." She handed me the rice cakes neatly packed in a box.

"Indeed. He is very hardworking." I smiled as I get the box from her and give her the payment. "Well madam, I think I need to go now. Thank you so much for this. It was nice meeting you...."

"Oh.. Kim Sang Hee." She bowed. "You sounded so elite Mister."

Ms. Sang Hee really knows how to make me flustered. "By the way, I have to go now Madam Sang Hee. My name is JK. It was nice meeting you." I bowed at her and went out of the shop.

I immediately dialled Taehyung's number, "Hyung! Talked to the mother.... Yes...I did... yes... okay.. What?! For real?!..... (i laughed by Taehyung's tone.)...Okay, I'm going back there now..." I hanged up.