Part 61

I remember now.

Heegi left me when she gave birth to Chanri. I almost went crazy looking for her. And now it's clear, Heegi went with this old man.

"I bet you wanted to know why she left you for an old man like me?"

That's exactly my question. I am the richest in Korea. How can she chose an old man over me?

"Because she thought I would die sooner than you. You're young and healthy. I am old and weak." I watched him laugh hysterically. "Our wedding was already scheduled. But I cancelled it a week before because one of her concerned friends met me in my office to tell me that Heegi was fooling around. Milking me with money and Heegi was so excited for my death. When I marry her, all my riches will go to her once I die. You see how desperate she was for money?"

My chest heaves. Everything has reasons now. All my questions on why Heegi left are now being answered. In an unexpected, painful way.

"When I discovered about her real motives, she pleaded for me to give her a second chance. Of course I did not fell into her bait. I asked her to leave my home. She left, with our child, the money in my vault and my jewelries!" Mr. Yoo laughed again. Probably, remembering how stupid he were for a woman like Heegi. "How stupid I am for entrusting my vault combination."

"What's your intentions for saying all of this to me Mr. Yoo? You want me to pay for all the things she stole from you? I'm sorry Mr. Yoo, I will not pay them. I will give her to you, then put her to jail."

He laughed again. This man.

"You should be the one to do that Mr. Kim. Honestly, I don't care about my money and that jewelries." He said and it made me confused.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked.

"Of course I will not tell you only our love story. It's just a background of your current girlfriend's shameless and monster plans.  Here is the most exciting part of my story. And finally, it's about you." He started. I swallowed. I don't know why I am nervous about this.

"Mr. Kim, I am 87 years old, ill and will probably die soon. I am here in France for treatment. I saw in the newspaper the advertisement that your company will be conducting an event here in France. Your name was there who will personally give a short talk to the attendees and I took that as an opportunity to see you and do something good in my life. At least, before I die, I know that I will die in peace."

"Heegi moved out of Jeju with my driver in tow. My driver she's been fucking with all along. Well, he's young and handsome, and I am old and I just discovered my illness. I cannot do sex anymore due to my age as well. I know her disgusting relationship with my driver. I am stupid but not that stupid."

"I asked someone to get my child back to me. He followed Heegi and found her in Seoul. I was thinking that she will come back in Seoul to lure you. I thought you're that stupid to have her back but I learned from my spy that you already have a new boyfriend which I thought was good for you. Soon, Heegi gave my child back thinking that my child was just an additional expense to her. You see, how monster she is?"

"After four years of not seeing my driver, he came to see me again. Giving me a video of him and Heegi talking about a plan of killing you and her younger brother. My driver played it safe. He knew that sooner, Heegi will betray him like what that woman did to me. He chose to play it with her because he loves her and for money as well."

"Here." He placed a flash drive on the table. "You cannot use that as an evidence because my driver took that video without Heegi's permission but my driver is always ready back in Jeju to stand in court for you. But everything you need to know about the accident was there."

" Your girlfriend promised my driver half of what she can possibly get from you. But since he failed of killing you, she asked my driver to leave with nothing. Threatening of giving him to the cops. He was supposed to give that to you but he learned that you were in the US. When Heegi finally left for the US, he thought everything will be okay. Even he has no money, at least Heegi was away."

"But four months ago, he was surprised when Heegi came to his apartment. Still threatening him of going to jail but you know what's odd? She thanked him of not being able to kill you. That's when he learned that you had an amnesia. Heegi said that after all, their plans ended up well because it's you who came looking for her. She can easily manipulate you because of your memory loss and she can easily manipulate her child with you. Less guilt because you did not die. That's what she said."

"My driver wanted to talk to you but since you have amnesia, that would be impossible. So he decided to come and give it to me. Maybe because I am the only one who knew what kind of woman is Heegi. Afraid that he might end up in jail soon, he asked for my help. He said that Heegi already came back in Korea and he was being threatened again. I am already set of going to France that time. So I told my driver to stay in Jeju and I will be the one to do something about this."

"I wanted to talk to Seokjin. But I already have planned schedule for tomorrow. So I want to tell this to you instead and please relay this to them. I want my child to be with Heegi's family when I die. They are the only family my child have. I already have them background checked and I know that they are very good people. You see, I am single. No wife. I am the only child of my parents. My lawyer have all the documents ready just in case."

He placed calling cards on the table. "That's my lawyer's calling card and my own. At the back is my driver's number and address. He is a good man. He's my driver of so many years before he left with Heegi. I still trust him after what he did to me. I can't blame him because Heegi really was believable."

Mr. Yoo went up from his seat and walked towards me. He hold my shoulder. "I hope that video will somehow bring some of your memories back. Good luck Mr. Kim."

****

I have few more chapters ready.
if you have questions to clarify something, it's probably on the next chapters but i want to read them. please write them on the conversation section of my profile. i will answer them on the next chapters. borahae!