Part 19

Seokjin

I went out of the Kim's house at exactly 9pm. I asked Chanri to sleep early. Fortunately, she did as I told. I just took a quick shower and changed clothes and I'm off to go.

I did not waste my time looking for Taehyung to inform him that I'm leaving, I went out of the house immediately. I don't want him reminding me of what to do or inquiring where I'm going. Besides, he knew that I'm going out with Namjoon and I still can't get the reason why they almost got engaged in a fist fight earlier.

I rode a cab to meet Namjoon.

Author's POV

Taehyung watched Seokjin went out of his home from the veranda outside his room. He immediately dialled a number and put the phone on his ear.

Seulgi: Goodevening Mr. Kim

Taehyung: Goodevening. Seokjin is on his way home. Can you message me once he's arrived?

Seulgi: Okay sir. I will.

Seokjin

For the first time, I arrived in the restaurant with Namjoon already there. He was always late but this time, I was the one.

"Sorry I'm late." I said as I sat down across his seat. He already ordered steak and some sides plus wine.

"Sorry, I already started to eat. I'm so hungry." Namjoon said while putting a chunk of meat in his mouth.

"It's okay. Just eat."

"So what's with you and you were with your boss's daughter?" Namjoon raised an eyebrow.

"He made me a caretaker."

Namjoon almost choked. "What? And why did you allowed that? You applied as clerk not a caretaker."

"I'm desperate. You know my story Joon." I suddenly felt embarrassed.

"You should have contacted me. Seokjin, can you please take a moment to swallow your damn pride? It will just lead you nowhere. I'm not asking anything in return."

"But you already helped us a lot. Eomma is so embarrassed about the money I borrowed from you. I don't think she will like it if I ask for another favor."

"Okay, so what do you want to do?" Namjoon asked.

I think for a while, "I really want an office job but its hard for me to look for one. You know I'm an undergraduate. Most of the jobs require a college diploma. As much as I wanted to go back to school, I'm having trouble with finances."

"So finally, you want to go back to school." Namjoon sighed. "Okay listen Jinnie. This is not a help coming from me personally so I think this will be a better idea especially if you're thinking about what auntie would feel.  If our company will grant you a scholarship, will you take it?" Namjoon offered.

"Grant? How?" I asked.

"Our company offered scholarships to our undergraduate employees and underprivileged  non-employees with good academic standings. So you are fit on the second category.  You still need to take an exam to qualify so this will be the regular process and not because you're my friend. At least you will not say that you only got in because of me. The only thing that I'm going to do is to make the processing faster so you can get the exam and the result right away. I don't think that's a big deal right? All our graduates are required to work for us for two years. We helped you finish your studies so you work for us, that's a contract. But I'll give you a special privilege, after you graduate you can work for us or not. It's your choice."

"I want to offer that to you long ago but all you want is a job and you said you're not yet prepared to go back to school because of Ar... okay your little sister. So I hesitate. So now that you want to study, take my offer or leave it." Namjoon rests his back on his chair while he waits for my decision.

"But I'm still working with Taehyung. How can I balance my work and school if I need to stay at home until Chanri fell asleep."

"Why don't you leave that job? Come on! You're more than that Jin. You don't need to get stuck in that job. I will hire you in our company. Part time so you'll have time to study. My father is so fond of you. He'll be more than willing to help." Namjoon really is the best.

I fell silent. I want to study. I want to prove to that Taehyung that he cannot just look down on me like I'm some sort of a slave. But on the other hand, how can I leave Chanri? I love her now. She reminds me of my little sister.

"How can I leave Chanri? She's special to me." i said thinking of my little sister.

"Jin jin jin.. I sometimes can't understand you. Okay. Since the next school year is 5 months from now, you still have plenty of time to think. My advise, if you don't want to leave that little girl, then you should talk to Taehyung to give you time to study at night. Night class is better for you. He will understand that because their company also offers scholarship. All the big companies have scholarship program. I wonder why he didn't offer you that. Your second option is to resign and work for our company part time. Third, ignore my offer and get stuck in your situation and i know you don't like that. I'm giving you choices."

Choices, that's what Taehyung failed to give me. He always give orders and you have no right to say no. No questions, no buts, you need to follow him.

"If noona did not leave, maybe everything is a lot different." I suddenly remember her. My noona who left us for money. My noona who left us for her own selfish desires.

"Can you stop thinking about her? She didn't even show herself to your sister's funeral. Like what Auntie said, you forget about her. There's nothing more important to her than money. It's been seven years since she left. Might as well move on."

"Wait, can we not talk about sad things? Steak suddenly tastes awful." Namjoon smiled trying to perk me up.

"Sorry. But I promise I will think about your offer. I will contact you in a week. I will find the right time to talk to Mr. Kim. By the way, how did you know he's a heartless arrogant? He actually thought I was the one who feed that to you." I said rolling my eyes.

Namjoon laughed, "In our world Jin, we usually get news about our rival companies most especially KTH since they are number one. So of course, I know. Former employees, current employees and even people who worked for him in contract, we can get information from them. But Jin, is he pursuing you, I mean romantically?" I was surprised by his question. The I suddenly remember that night when I thought he's going to kiss me. I shook my head. "No. Of course not."

"That's why I got pissed earlier. His tone was suggestive. He was implying that I'm trying to get your attention or trying to be your boyfriend. He will not do that if he doesn't like you. He sounded jealous." Namjoon said with a smirk.

"That's impossible Joon. He's heartless. Like what my former officemate said, he doesn't have feelings." His conversation with Mr. Lee flashed back in my head. He referred to me as my Seokjin. Or am I just assuming?

But then, I have more important things to worry about than my love life.