Part 50

I can't get in the car earlier. Memories of our accident four years ago suddenly replayed in my head. I froze on my place. I developed a fear riding a car. I usually panic. Getting nervous. Especially when someone else is driving. I can drive alone. I prefer that, I am more relaxed. Maybe I developed trust issues as well? I don't know.

What more if the one driving is the one I am with when it happened? I really thought I will pass out earlier. I can't move. If he didn't yell at me, I would have probably broke down there crying. Just because I fear riding a car.

Weird. It's just weird riding a car with him again. I never thought this will happen again. The difference, he only treat me now as his business partner. What hurts more is that, it will only be for a while.

"You've been in an accident Jin?" He asked me.

"Y-yes Mr. Kim. Car accident." We're together.

"Jin.."

"Yes Mr. Kim?"

"I've been  in an accident too, four years ago."

I know. I'm with you.

"But I can't remember what exactly happened. I'm having nightmares because of it but I'm not sure if my nightmare and the real one are the same."

He didn't know if he's with someone?

"A-are you alone when it happened?" I asked, hoping for a positive answer.

"Yes. I'm alone."

"No!" Shit! Why did I said that?!

"What?"

"Sorry Mr. Kim. I mean, no way you're alone. I thought you're with a driver or something." Calm down Jin. Calm down!

"My girlfriend said I'm driving fast, I lost control of the wheel."

Lies. She's feeding you with wrong information. "I see."

"How about you Jin? Are you the one driving the car?"

"No. I'm with someone. He's the one driving." You're that someone.

"Mmm.. your boyfriend?"

"Y-yes.. my boyfriend." It's you.

"How is he now?"

You lost your memory. How will I answer that? "I.. uh.. he's.."

"It's okay if you don't want to say. I know how painful it is." He said giving me a comforting smile.

"It's all over the news and the internet Mr. Kim. My accident four years ago." Our accident. Please check it. You'll see that we are together.

"Oh.. I don't really read about accidents after mine. The doctor told me it will only stress me out. So I limit myself using the internet. I only use it for emails and business."

"You need to." I unconsciously said.

"What's that?"

"I mean, I understand that you don't need to. Because yes, it's stressful." How can I make him read those news?

"It is." He just said.

"Who took care of you Mr. Kim? You said you have a girlfriend?" She's the one feeding you with lies.

"Oh. Yes. My girlfriend Heegi took care of me."

Heegi? "W-what's the name of your girlfriend again Mr. Kim?"

"Heegi. You know her? Maybe you've met her in my office when you're still working for me."

Heegi... Heegi... "N-no sir. I don't know her." My heart shrinks in pain. "I can't remember what happened with my accident too. I just remember a bump on the back of the car and the car flipped."

He kept quiet. Looks like he's thinking deeply.

And me, praying that even though he won't be able to remember me anymore, I just want him to know that I am the one with him in that car.

******

We checked in the hotel. I saw my team there. They will go out for some sight seeing. I refused to go as I am ashamed to leave Mr. Kim alone. He said he's hungry. I think it would be best to keep him company.

"Here's your card key Jin." He handed me a card as we load in the elevator. "You're room is 1916."

"Thank you Mr. Kim."

"Your room is just in front of mine. If you have problems, anything work related, just knock or call. That would be the set up in all the other countries. Here's my calling card." He handed me his calling card. I now have his mobile number. I smiled to myself.

But I will surely get back at Yoongi for placing us on the same floor and our room in front of each other. That couple! How can Jimin and Yoongi do this to me?

"See you at the hotel restaurant. Let's have brunch." He smiled. And before I can answer him, he already closed the door of his room. Leaving me staring at the door.

*****

Taehyung reserved a private room for our brunch. He's not changed at all. He don't want people looking or glancing at him when he eats.

The waiter served our food. "Danke." Taehyung said. I think that's a German word. I don't  speak or understand German.

"So you already have a boyfriend?" He asked. He looks cute while munching on his food. I miss him like that. He looks like a kid.

"No Mr. Kim." That's the truth.

"Oh. Is that the one with you when the accident happened?"

"Yes." Don't cry Jin. Don't cry. It's okay.

"Hmmm.. well, I believe he recovered? I'm sorry about the question but I hope nothing bad happened to him when the accident happened."

So he's thinking if my boyfriend died. You're alive, you just lost your memory. "He's alive Mr. Kim if that's what you mean."

"Oh I see. Im sorry about my question. I know it's too personal. I think I just got so attached as we both have the same experience." He explained, looking shy. And it's cute. Nothing changed. He can be cold and arrogant but sultry if he wants, and can be cute if he needs to. His dual personality is killing me.

"It's okay Mr. Kim. No problem with me. As you said, you want us to be comfortable with each other." I smiled. I immediately look on my food as I can't stand his gaze. Whenever I talk, he keeps on looking at my lips. And it's distracting me.

"You broke up with him Jin?" He asked.

I looked at him with so much emotions.

"No Mr. Kim..." I breathe out. "He forgot about me."