Part 17

Today was a bit different for me. I honestly want to go home to my eomma or just lock myself inside the bedroom. The main reason why I dread for today was that, I don't really know how to face Taehyung after what happened last night. I think I assumed too much that he will kiss me. The sad part, what if he's just checking on how I will react? I should have just run, or just push him. I sighed. It's over. I already blushed too much last night. Why am I too weak for this?

The only consolation i have was it's already Friday. I can go home tomorrow morning or tonight. Depending on Chanri's sleeping mood. He sometimes sleeps late on Fridays.

I suddenly remembered Namjoon. Oh gosh. Why did I just remember him now? I should have resigned when this job was offered to me. I should have not accepted this job. I should be working in an office now if only had I thought about Namjoon's offer before. But I can't back out now. Chanri would be sad if I will leave her. Aishhhh... Why did I just think about this now? Stupid Seokjin.

"Namjoon! Care to meet?"

I texted Namjoon and since it's morning, I know he's still in bed. He's such a brat and usually goes to office late.  I'll wait for his reply later. I hope he's available.

Meanwhile, I cooked scrambled eggs and breakfast sausage for ChanRi. She requested for it. I added cheese, mushroom and redbell peppers to the egg for her daily dose of veggies.

"Goodmorning oppa!" ChanRi greeted me with her sweet smile. Behind her was her father who looked very casual today in his denim jacket and denim pants. I noticed he'd been growing his hair and it honestly made him more handsome.

"Goodmorning princess. Goodmorning Sir." I greeted them as I tried to avoid Taehyung's eyes.

Chanri sat down and looked at the food on the table. I saw her smile. "Wow! Thank you for the scrambled eggs. But why did you put vegetables?" ChanRi pouted.

"Princess, I told you before that vegetables are good for a princess like you. So you eat that. I put a lot of cheese." I smiled. I got the spoon and hand it to her.

ChanRi grinned and though hesitant, she ate her food. I think she liked it as she spoons one after another.

"How's school ChanRi? I heard you're doing well." Taehyung asked.

"Yes father. My grades are high. Seokjin oppa is a good teacher." ChanRi mused as she looked at me with a big smile. I can feel the heat building on my cheeks.

"No princess, it's because you are very smart and you study real well." I countered. Please, change topic..not me..not me...

"What else do you do with Seokjin oppa?"

"Uhmmm... We play a lot father. He lets me play on the pool. We build lego houses for my dolls. Then we cooked pancakes. I know how to cook pancakes now father! Oppa taught me." Chanri felt so proud of herself.

"Wow! That's good. Good job Chanri!" Taehyung was a complete dumbass in the office but at home, he was nice to his maids. And he really is a father figure to Chanri. "What else baby? Do you talk with him about something?" Taehyung's tone was very suggestive. I think I choked on scrambled eggs.

ChanRi thinks for a moment then her eyes widens and she nods her head frantically, "Yes father. And I want to tell you something also!"

Oh no! There you go!

"What about it ChanRi?" I saw Taehyung smirked as he looked at me. I swallowed hard. I think the scrambled eggs got stuck in my throat. I knew it, this is what he wanted. He will humiliate me again. This time in front of Chanri, Min-yoon and the maids.

"Uh..sir.."

"Let her speak Jin. I want her to start telling me what's happening to her during the day. I guess it's a good bonding for both of us while having breakfast. Am I correct?" I sigh at Taehyung's words. He was precisely correct. "So tell me Chanri, what's that?"

"Father, I asked Seokjin oppa to be my appa." This kid. I heard the maids giggle. And my face is now as red as red as it can possibly be. "But he said that's not possible. He said you don't like him. But I like him father. Can you like him? I want you to marry him Father. I want him to be my appa. Can you do that?" As much as I wanted to cover ChanRi's mouth, it's not possible. ChanRi, she just suck my soul out of my body. How could a five year old do that to me? How I wish the floor to swallow me. I want to sit on the floor and just throw my tantrums or maybe roll over and die. What a shame, what a shame.

I heard Taehyung chuckled then looked at me, "What can you say about that Seokjin?"

What can I say about that? Nothing.  Father and daughter tandem they are. My stomach lurches from extreme nervousness and shame. I really do think I'm going to vomit anytime. But before I can even open my mouth,

"You don't need to answer that." He said to me then he looked back at his daughter. "Chanri, let's just talk about that some other time okay?" Chanri nodded.

"You looked so nervous Jin? Breathe! You looked like you're having a heart attack." His tone was as sarcastic as Jungkook's.

My phone vibrates. I forgot it was on the top of the dining table. I glanced and I saw it's Namjoon. I just pick it up and put it in my pocket. I'll just reply later.

"I will drive Chanri to school today. I will pick her up as well. His driver was sick." Nice to hear. I'll stay at home. I don't want to be in the same car with you.

"Okay sir, I'll just wait for her here at home." I said. Feeling excited. I want a quick nap as I have sleepless night last night.

"Wait for her here? You will come with me. That's your job remember?" Okay, all my plans aborted. And right, that was shameful again. Of course, that's my job.

"Sorry sir, I thought you want to bond with her." Lame excuse Seokjin.

"And I think Park needs your help." He said as he finished eating the last piece of the sausage.

"Okay sir." I bowed.

He stood up. "Okay Chan, eat faster and get ready for school."

"Yes father."

I picked up Chanri's bag and we went out to the driveway. Taehyung already in the driver seat. I opened the backseat door for Chanri. And now I am distraught about sitting in front or in the back. But Taehyung will be so pissed if I will sit with Chanri. I don't want him to looked like our driver. So I went to the passenger seat and buckled up.

On our way, "Oppa, you said we will ice cream every Friday. That's your promise."

"Yes princess. We will eat ice cream after school. But you need to eat lunch first okay?" Chanri nodded.

"And sir by the way, once I already put Chanri to sleep tonight, I will go and see a friend. If it's too late already, I'll just go home to eomma." I was expecting that Namjoon is available tonight

"Who will you meet?" He asked, never looking at me.

"My childhood friend sir." I answered.

"Name?" He asked again as if he knows who my friends are.

"Namjoon sir." I want to roll my eyes.

"Namjoon? As in Kim Namjoon?" He looked a little surprise.

"Yes sir. You know him?" I'm also surprised that he knew Namjoon.

"How did you know him?" He answered my question with another question.

"We met during highschool days sir. And we study in the same university." Well, Taehyung owns the biggest company in Korea. Of course he knows Namjoon.

He just nods. I'm excited to meet Namjoon tonight. I have so many things to tell him. And I'm glad Taehyung allowed me.