Part 25

Light story for today. 😘💜

******

Author's POV

Seokjin prepared himself to pick up Chanri in school. It took him five minutes to decide if he will open his bedroom door or not. He doesn't know how to face the maids and Minyoon. But he already received a text message from the driver that he's already parked at the driveway. So he gather all his courage and went out.

The maids were all smiling broadly at him as soon as they saw him. He was so embarrassed. He sprint himself to the front door. He went in fast inside the car and smiled at the driver. They drove to school to pick up Chanri who just came from her educational trip.

Seokjin

As soon as we reached home, Chanri saw his father sitting on the couch. She run towards him and jumps to his lap. Taehyung gives her a tight embrace and a kiss on her forehead. "How's the trip Chanri?"

"It's very good father. I saw a lot of animals in the zoo. I wish I can visit the zoo again. With you and oppa." She smiled to her father. Telling him where they went and what they did. She's full of enthusiasm.

I, on the other hand turn my back away to go to the kitchen to prepare Chanri's snacks but I heard Taehyung called,

"Babe!" Babe? Is that me?

I continue to walk but he called again and this time, my name, "Seokjin." his voice stern. I looked back only to see Chanri's confused face looking at me and back to his father.

"Where's my kiss?" He asked. I'm just as confused as Chanri. I shake my head looking at him and glancing at Chanri. He smiled. Maybe he gets what I mean.

"Father, is oppa now your boyfriend?" Oh my god. I run to the kitchen. Chanri really is causing me headache. She maybe just a kid but her knowledge about anything is simply unbelievable. She's such a smart girl.

But I guess the kitchen is not as friendly and peaceful as what I want it to be. I am met by the flushing maids inquiring if I and Taehyung are now officially together.

"Hey hey, stop it! Can you please leave Seokjin alone? Don't pressure him to speak. Go back to your respective works!" Minyoon ordered. The maids immediately disperse and go back to their works. "Sorry about that. Don't mind them."

I smiled. I open the ref to get the ingredients I need in preparing Chanri's snack and place them on the kitchen counter.

"Minnie, Did she live here with him? I mean, Taehyung's ex?" I asked. I suddenly become curious about his ex. Though I still don't believe that Taehyung and I are now official, his ex made me feel a little insecure.

"No. She usually stay for a couple of days. But she never really live here." Minyoon answered.

"Is she pretty?" My insecurities taking over.

Minyoon nods. Of course, Taehyung is a very handsome man. He is also very wealthy. He can have the prettiest woman or the handsomest man in just a snap of his finger.

"She is. She's very pretty. Don't tell me you're getting jealous over her? She's long gone Jin."

Jealous? I'm jealous.

"But she's a gold digger. And Jin, no reason to get jealous over her. She's pretty but your looks can top her. I swear!"

I smiled. "I heard she left after Chanri was born."

Minyoon nods. "Yes! I think just after 12 hours. Jungkook said her last where about was in Jeju. As a mistress of a resort owner. She's on the highest level of being a gold digger."

Wow. It shocks me. I mean, Taehyung is almost perfect. If it was so hard for him to move on after she left, he must be so in love with her. I can't see any reason for her to leave him. "Doesn't she have a family? I mean, why did she do that? Taehyung has everything."

"I heard she came from a, well, like us. Taehyung doesn't have any information about her family. I got the chance to talk to her once. She said her family disown her when she failed to give them money. But I don't believe her. I believe she's just playing a victim so Taehyung will pity her. Saying she doesn't want to create an impression that she will only marry Tae because she's pregnant. She really played on Tae's feelings very well. And finally, she showed her real self in the end. Leaving Tae to be a mistress of a rich married man in Jeju. What a whore."

Oh, that must have hurt Tae a lot.

"So don't you ever compare yourself to that gold digger woman."

I am beginning to understand him better now. Tae is a very reserved person. Not opening himself up to anyone. I think he's only opening up to Jungkook and Minyoon.

And me getting interested on his past and started to feel jealous over his ex, that feeling of concern I have for him, I realized that, yes, I like him too.

"Chanri, snack time!" I called Chanri who is still busy playing with her father.

"Can I have it here oppa?" She requested to serve her snack on the living room. Since it's rare that Taehyung is there to play with her, I agreed. I also make juice and serve some cookies for Tae.

"Tae, can I tell you something?" I think it's time to finally tell him my plans of going back to school.

"Sure what's that." He pulls my hand and let me sit beside him.

"I was offered a scholarship so I can go back to university next school year. I will take an exam soon." I said. He gave me a curious look.

"I'm glad that you want to go back to school. I saw your records when you applied for my company and i was impressed by your grades."

"Thank you. But if I'm going to pass the scholarship, I am worried about Chanri. I won't be able to be with her full time." I followed Namjoon's advise.

"I understand. I can have a maid to look after her if it's time for you to go to school. Don't worry about it too much. You can be a full time student if you want to."

My eyes widen by what he said. This is not the Taehyung that I know.

"By the way, what type of scholarship is that?"

"Namjoon offered a scholarship from their company. I want to take the offer. He said I need to.."

"Stop." I look at Taehyung. His expression changed. He bite on his lower lip as he glared at me. This is the Taehyung that I am familiar with.

"So you asked for Namjoon's help to send you to school?"

"Tae no. He will not send me to school. It's a company scholarship. I will go through the regular process. Exams and all."

"And then? Why is he doing that? In exchange of?"

"Nothing. Namjoon is not like what you're thinking of."

"Seriously Jin, is he trying himself to you?" Jealous Tae.

I sigh, "Taehyung, Namjoon is my best friend. There's nothing going on between us. We're like brothers. Nothing else." Tae looks cute when jealous. I want to laugh at him.

"No. You will not take the exam. If you want to go to school, I will send you to school. But definitely not Namjoon." And he walks out.

I am annoyed right now but jealous Tae is something else.

"Oppa, is father angry at you?"

"No princess. Your father is not angry." He's just jealous. I smiled to myself.