Part 63

I saw Seokjin in the hotel cafe a day before our flight back to Korea. He's talking to someone on the phone. I took a peak. He's talking with a kid.

I remembered him telling me that he has a son. I wonder if that son is mine? I can't remember if something happened between us. I know it's possible but what if he's been in a relationship in between? I don't want to assume. It's been four years after all. I can't blame him if he went in to a new relationship after ours. I am in a current relationship right now. I don't have the right to question Jin.

But the boy looked a lot like me when I was a kid. I can still remember my baby pictures. I don't know. As I said, I don't want to assume. Besides, I want to confirm everything first. My memories are still vague. I don't want to jump into conclusion especially that I am not sure about everything that's going on in my head.

When Jungkook arrived, I saw the shock in their faces. Jungkook seemed very familiar with Jin. And Jin seemed agitated. He went in the comfort room and Jungkook followed him. I can feel that they know each other well.

Jin informed me that he will go out with his team as Jungkook and I talk. This is the reason why I asked him to come over. I want to clear things up.

"You know Jin right?" I asked. "He told me he was my former employee but he resigned immediately. Is that true?"

"Yes and No. He's a former employee of your company, that's true. But he did not resigned immediately. He was Chanri's caretaker Tae. You hired him to be. Chanri was so fond of him. He used to live in your house. Jin is your boyfriend Tae. That's what I've been telling you all along."

"But I keep on shutting you down." I have to admit that. Our friendship was tainted because of that.

"Let's forget about that. I understood that one. You're still confused that time. Now that you're finally ready to hear the truth, I will tell you  whatever you wanted to know."

"Is he the one with me during the accident?" I asked. I wanted to know if my nightmares are real or just a plain dream.

"Yes Tae. But I don't know where you two went before it happened. All I know was both of you were late for an office lunch. You were off somewhere. Then someone called me from the hospital. That was it. Both of you met an accident. You fell into a coma. You even went into cardiac arrest. The doctor said you have a slim chance of living and if ever you live, you'll be in a vegetative state. Of course I can't accept that, so I brought you to the US. And that's where you wake up. I left Jin in a coma in Korea. As much as I wanted to wait for him to wake up, I am also chasing the time for you. I wanted to get a better treatment for you."

I took a deep breath. This whole thing has been giving me a hard time breathing. Everything seemed unreal.

"How long was my relationship with Jin?" I am curious to know if we've been together for a long time.

"He lives with you and Chanri for few months. He became your boyfriend after a while. It's a new relationship. Maybe a month? I don't know but it's new. That's why I am so devastated. You and him were just starting to build something good. You've just moved on. Something I long wanted for you. You were very happy. You deserved that. You're so in love with him. He changed you. But the accident took everything away."

I still have a lot of questions to ask and things to say. But I guess my head is already filled with too much information. New ones that I cannot grasp in one go.

****

After the event that day, Jin and I head on to our bedroom to rest. Our flight will be early tomorrow.

I know he's been noticing that I am staring at him a lot more. Because he's not comfortable around me. All I want is to remember his face. Those lips are so inviting. They are so plump and luscious. I know I kissed them before. It's impossible that I don't. Maybe when I kiss those lips again, I can remember him? I wanted to try.

He's been there in my dreams. I can't even sleep at night. I can't take him off my mind.

Jin tapped his card on his bedroom door. I grabbed his arm. He turned to look at me. I stared at his eyes. Those familiar eyes that I want to remember. Perhaps, if I stared at them, I can see the love that I forgot through his eyes.

"You did great Jin."

He cannot speak. He looks nervous. "T-thank you Mr. Kim."

I can't help it. If he is my boyfriend, there's nothing to be guilty about. I pulled Jin closer to me before wrapping my left arm around his waist. I leaned over. Jin's eyes widen as he hold on to my chest.

I moved my face closer to him. His breathing become heavy. Without breaking our eye contact, I stared at him so lovingly. "I've been thinking about you a lot Jin. A lot. I can't take you off my mind. You're driving me insane don't you know that?" I whispered. I want to feel him. His lips against mine. His skin against my skin.

"I.. M-Mr. Kim.. I.." Jin stared at my lips. I hesitate at first but he closed his eyes. It's a sign.

I move closer and pressed my lips against his. The kiss was gentle but demanding. I grabbed his head to deepen. I want more. I want to feel him more.

"I miss you." He whispered. I felt his tears on my cheeks.

Like a flash, again, a scene of Jin and me at Namsan Tower. Us watching a movie. Us making love in a car. I've dreamt about all of this before. But I thought they were just a dream. Now, I know that they were all real.

We jerked and jumped to the opposite walls when a door opened. My flashback were disrupted. Leaving Jin and me looking at each other and in shock. The old lady who came out from the door looking back and forth at us.

Jin immediately tap his card on to his door. "Goodnight Mr. Kim." As he went inside his bedroom leaving me at the hallway with an old lady staring at me. She's smiling.

"Nice kissing son."

That was embarrassing. But one thing is certain now. My heart is right all along. Seokjin is my boyfriend. The boyfriend that I forgot.

And Heegi is nothing but a lie.