The Peace Before the Storm

After the battle ended, the human servants cleaned up the mess. Thankfully, none of our members were killed. Aro walked up to me and patted me on the back.

"Very impressive battle Secret." he smiled gently at me.

"Thank you master." I said silently.

"What's wrong my dear?" he asked concerned. 

"She got away." I mumbled.

"My dear....you are safe. All of us are. So what if she got away? She will not dare to defy us again." said Aro.

I shook my head. 

"It's not as simple as that master. She is a powerful vampire. She will come back for revenge. And she will be stronger and faster. I barely escaped with my life this time. Next time will be certain death." I sighed.

He nodded in understanding.

"We will prepare you for battle. I promise that we will kill her the next time." he stated.

I nodded, unable to think of anything else to do.

"Thank you master." I mumbled, walking out of the room.

Within the depths of the fen, the wounded girl limped towards her cave. A few of her minions helped her along into her throne. They bandaged her wounds and gave her a glass of wine. As she sipped it, she thought about the battle.

"Mistress...how was the battle?" asked one of her minions.

She turned sharply towards him.

"That little bastard is stronger than I anticipated. Faster too. And I'd hate to admit it but she is also smart. She knows how her gifts can defend her from and attack other gifts." she hissed.

"But surely she is not as powerful as you mistress." assured one of her minions.

"Obviously not." she muttered, self-confident.

The sound of footsteps disturbed the deafening silence. All the servants bowed as the shadowy figure emerged.

"My dear....what is troubling you?" he asked, his voice as cold as ice.

"That girl...Secret." she mumbled.

Her husband sighed and walked behind her throne, massaging her shoulders gently.

"My dear...you should not let such an amateur get to you like that. You are in a much higher position than she is. She is a slave compared to you, my queen." he reassured.

This made her smile.

"Thank you my love." she whispered.

"Anything for you my dear." he smiled, his teeth smile disappearing into the darkness like a Cheshire cat.

As I walked back to the room, I can't shake the ominous feeling that a battle was going to occur very soon with her. I didn't even know her name and already, she was my archenemies.

"What is troubling you Secret?" asked a voice.

I turned around and smiled. I was so deep in thought that I didn't even hear Alec enter the room.

"It's just the battle. I don't think that I'll be able to survive the next one." I mutter.

He placed an arm around me and kissed my forehead.

"I know you will. You are a strong vampire Secret. Remember, the good always win in the end." he smiled.

I shook my head.

"How do you know if you're the good or the bad? For all we know, that girl could think that she is good and we are bad. That concept is so outdated Alec." I muttered.

He sighed and nodded.

"I know. Don't worry. She will not lay a finger on you. You will survive this. I promise." 

I shivered and closed my eyes. Here we go again.