Unveiling the Truth Slowly

I fell back in horror as I unmasked my two attackers. All along...it was them. I thought I trusted them! Feeling sick, I hunched over and started vomiting. My entire body convulsed as I fell on the ground. Something slipped out of my pocket. I picked it up and saw that it was a letter.

My dearest love,

You need to know that I need to destroy the Volturi. They are the main reason that we cannot be together. And trust me. That hurts my heart like nothing else in the entire world. You need to understand that the next time we see each other, it will be war. I want you to join our side but my 'wife' hates you with all her guts. You need to understand that she is not really my wife and that I'm just pretending that she is to trick her into helping me destroy the Volturi. Everything will work out right. I promise you. We will live happily ever after. 

R.J.

I dropped the letter and howled out in betrayal. When was this going to end? Why can't I have a normal life? Why must this stupid curse be placed upon me?! Eleven promises. Eleven goddamned promises meant to be broken. Do I really cause that much trouble that karma just can't stop going against me?! I laughed and shook my head. What was the point. I don't want to live. I don't want to see the next sunrise. I don't want to close my eyes and have my dreams haunted with broken promises. I don't want this cursed prophecy. I don't want to be a hybrid. I don't want this stupid gift of mine. There are so many things in this world that people want. But for me, there are so many things in my world that I don't want. If Satan wants it, he can take it. Take all of it. Leaving me dying in a ditch. Yeah. That seems appropriate. And Alec. How am I supposed to face him? I love him. I really do. I don't believe that I ever thought that I fell in love with such a psychotic vampire. And now I think I finally know the reason that Alec cannot trust anyone. Because everyone betrayed him. Everyone. Even his best friend. How do I know? Well, on the bottom of that letter, there was a messy signature that read a name I think all of us are familiar with.

Ryan James Maddox

And you ask who was the girl next to him? Well that would explain why I find it so hard to trust people. Because laying in front of me, unconscious and broken in none other than my mortal enemy that has been brought back to life.

Renesmee Carlie Cullen