One Chance

The cycle of life never made any sense to me. The concept of powers are even more confusing. I mean, Renesmee has the gift of telling people her thoughts yet how could she control my future and inflict a prophecy on me? And when did Ryan have control over the mind? Didn't he only tell the future? Clearing the thoughts out of my head, I dragged the two unconscious bodies to the Volturi castle. The lower guards gave me a weird look but a glance of warning was enough to make them stiffen. When I finally reached the throne room, Aro, Caius, Marcus, Alec, Jane, Felix, and Demetri were waiting for me there. 

"Who are they?" asked Jane, her voice full of disgust.

Jane had a low tolerance for new vampires that she has never met before.

"I think you would know." I said, flipping the two over.

Growls and hisses filled the room.

"Isn't she supposed to be dead? And him! Isn't he the guy that we were looking for?!" growled Caius.

I nodded faintly. I felt a pair of strong arms around my waist and I stiffened.

"A-Alec?" I whispered, trembling a little.

"It's me." he whispered.

At first, I didn't say anything and neither did he.

"I'm so sorry my love. I shouldn't have acted that harsh. What I did was unacceptable. Please forgive me." he pleaded.

"How can I forgive you when there is a possibility that you will hurt me....again?" I asked, sorrow filling my voice.

"I would promise you that I would never hurt you but that will trigger the prophecy. And Corin....we did didn't know what we were doing. It was as if something was controlling us." he tried to explain.

"How do I know that you are telling the truth and not just making a fool out of me like last time?" I mumbled.

"Because Corin quit the Volturi. After she found out what she had done, she was so filled of guilt. She left immediately and told me to apologize for her if I ever see you again." he said.

"Where did she go?" I asked.

"She didn't say." he sighed.

I said nothing.

"If you could just give me one more chance....I'll be the best boyfriend in the history of relationships." he begged.

"Alec....it's not you. It's me. I'm afraid that my heart will never find a way to love you again." I murmured.

"Then give your heart a chance. It deserves another one. Everything does. Except for those two." he said gently, snarling at the two unconscious forms on the ground.

I smiled gently up at him.

"One chance." I stated.

He grinned widely.

"One chance." he confirmed.