What She is Capable of

The smoke cleared and all I saw was piles of dust. Thankfully, they were all from the opposing side and a few minor guards. Felix and Demetri had Ryan and Renesmee in a headlock, kneeling in front of the masters. Alec wanted to rush to his friend but I put a hand in front of him.

"Secret, I have to go see him!" he said.

I gave him a warning glare.

"You will stay where you are." I ordered.

He hissed and took a step back. It killed me to hurt my mate like this but I had to. It is for his own safety. 

"Renesmee Carlie Cullen and Ryan James Maddox are to be sentenced to death tomorrow at midnight." said Aro.

"Master! Please no!" cried Alec.

"Silence!" I hissed.

He immediately backed down and started shooting daggers at me. I could feel him burning holes through my head this very moment.

"Thank you Secret but let him speak. Alec dear boy....why do you speak in their defense?" asked Aro, curious.

"Ryan is my childhood best friend master. I do not believe that he committed a crime. I believe that this little witch manipulated him." he said.

"And your proof?" asked Aro.

"Secret! You're Renesmee's twin sister! You know what she is cab able of! Tell him!" said Alec.

"That little she devil is capable of so many things Alec. She made my entire family hate me." I said, the memory replaying in my head.

"See! Ryan must have been manipulated!" said Alec.

"Nonetheless. He killed many of our guards. He is to be killed." said Aro.

"Wait." I said.

"Yes my dear?" asked Aro, turning towards me.

"I believe Alec when he said that Ryan is a good man. I do believe that Renesmee manipulated him because I can sense auras. I know that Ryan feels guilty and hopes that you would forgive him. He really iddn't know what he was doing. My sister is a witch, no doubt about it." I said, pleading Alec's case.

Alec seemed surprised that I did.

"We will decide tomorrow. As of right now, they are to be thrown to the dungoens. It was a long day. We deserve a break." said Aro, sighing.

"Yes master." I said, leading my sector back to Volterra.