9. Message Received

As promised to celebrate reaching 2k in reads and jumping up all the way to number 21 in the Steven Universe rankings here is the next chapter early!

The Crystal Gems are gathered around the drill they recently completely, while Peridot is nowhere to be found.

"Are you alright Y/n?" Pearl asks concerned about Y/n's earlier outburst. She places her hand on his shoulder.

"I'm... sorry for losing my temper that was unlike me. I suppose I've come to realise that I like this planet and staying with you gems." Y/n looks at Pearl now. "When I first emerged from my prison I was confused by this world. Though do not misunderstand me, This world still confuses me but Steven has helped me learn so much in such little time. If I had returned to Homeworld what would have awaited me? A lifetime of service to a cruel ruler? That is not what I want. I want the freedom I have here to be who I am. I want to fight for this world and it's values. The Earth is worth defending. I want to be a Crystal Gem." Y/n lets out sigh as if everything they had bottled up was let out. Y/n turns to apologise to Pearl and the others for unloading their feelings onto them but is surprised when he can see a largely teary eyed Pearl. 

"Pearl are you alright?" Y/n asks looking slightly confused.

"Oh Y/n!" Pearl suddenly starts to cry and throws her arms around Y/n. Y/n is taken aback an unsure of what to do so he slowly wraps his arms around Pearl and lets her cry on his shoulder.

"Pearl don't cry, and Y/n." Garnet starts and Y/n looks at her and she lets out small smile. "Welcome to the Crystal Gems." She puts her thumb up.

"Alright Y/n is a Crystal Gem!" Steven says happily. "Group hug!" He cries out and rushes to hug Y/n who is still holding a sobbing Pearl. Once Steven begins the hug Garnet and Amethyst join in.  

After a short while they all break away and Pearl composes herself. 

Amethyst look up at the drill. "So uuhh...How much longer 'til we can use the drill?" She asks.

"Well, with the new coordinates we got from the moon base, it should be ready to go. But we really should perform a few tests first." Pearl replies.

"Actually I plan to talk to Peridot about making a few small changes to the drill. I've noticed that there is not enough room to fit us all in." Y/n says.  

Steven watches as he sees Peridot sneaking into the barn and follows her. Peridot fumbles with the prism she retrieved from the Moon Base. She quickly hides it behind her back when she sees Steven.

"Oh! Steven." Peridot says.

"Peridot, I need to talk to you." Steven says calmly.

"Uhhh, yeah! Sure!" Peridot says trying to act as normally as possible.

Steven and Peridot enter the truck that is parked inside the barn

"Why are we in this broken-down vehicle?" Peridot asks.

Steven continues to observe the prism Peridot is hiding.

"I wanted to ask you...about the Diamonds?" Steven says.

"Oh! I don't know what the others have told you, but there's a reason they're in charge." Peridot exclaims

"Why's that?" Steven asks.