23. Beta

Steven and Amethyst are walking through a grassy field while Amethyst is cracking her newly-obtained flail.

"Did you see that? Wa-poosh, just wa-poosh!" Amethyst asks.

"That's great, Amethyst. You're getting so fast." Steven says.

"No! This is worse! This morning it was like wshh! Just wshh! Superfast is like wshh-wshh!" Amethyst says.

"Uh-huh. I think this is why a day off would be good for you. You should take a break from obsessing over Jasper." Steven says.

Amethyst begrudgingly dispels her flail and sighs. "Are you sure we have to do this now?" Amethyst asks.

 "Yes! Visiting Y/n, Peridot and Lapis will be so much fun!" Steven replies.

"Yeah, 'cause when I think "fun", I think "Lapis"." Amethyst says.

"I wonder what they're up to." Steven wonders.

"Maybe they drove each other crazy and burned the barn down." Amethyst jokes darkly.

"Woah... They sure did something to the barn." Steven says as he and Amethyst stop walking having reached the barn, and stare at the now heavily-modified barn. Some modifications include a truck placed into the ceiling, the silo moved to cover up t he previously broken side of the barn, a small tent next to it with a green Canadian flag, and various ornaments hanging around. Both Peridot, wearing a bowtie, and Lapis are seen sitting on the back of the truck, either side of Y/n watching "Camp Pining Hearts" on a TV.

"But Paulette, I need you!" A voice on the tv can be heard saying. 

"Oh, get over it, Percy. Go make another friendship bracelet." Peridot says

"Seriously." Lapis says in agreement.

Y/n just nods his head.

"Y/n! Lapis! Peridot! Hi!" Steven calls out.

Y/n, Peridot and Lapis look down and see Steven and Amethyst. They all smile as Lapis and Y/n float down with their water wings and Peridot crawls into the truck to exit from inside the barn.

"Welcome back to the barn Steven." Y/n greets him.

"Steven! It's so good to see you again!" Lapis says.

"You too, Lapis!" Steven replies.

"Amethyst! Something looks different about you." Peridot says.

Amethyst looks shocked. "Like what?" She asks.

"Have you grown taller since the last time I saw you?" Peridot asks.

"Nope, still short." Amethyst says bluntly.

Peridot laughs. "You're welcome! For the joke."

"Wow, you guys are looking good! And I love what you did to the barn!" Steven says looking at it.

"Awh, I know. But wait, wait! You guys have to see the inside! Lapis, fly us in!" Peridot cries.

"... No." Lapis says.

"Please come inside." Y/n says holding the curtain door open for the gems.

The four proceed to step into the barn and Y/n follows behind.

"Welcome to our home away from Homeworld!" Peridot declares.

Steven runs to the previously broken wall. "Woah, you made the wall an aquarium!"