Chapter 3

I found him! He is here, right in front of me. My lover, protector, my soulmate. The man with whom I'll spend the rest of my life, the man I love with all my heart, the man to whom I dedicated myself since I was a little girl. This the best moment of my life.

We both were looking in each other's eyes. Happy tears were threatening to fall from mine. As soon I was about to take a step forward to embrace him, he diverted his attention towards my father. I was shocked. Finding his mate doesn't affect him? No! No! I think he doesn't like to show affection in public. Yes, this is the only case possible. I tried to reassure myself.

"It is an honor to meet you Alpha!" My father greeted him, oblivious to the fact that his daughter has found her mate.

"Nice to meet you, Alpha Richard." My mate said with a blank expression. Standing behind him was a tall guy, maybe few inches shorter than my mate. He has tan skin, honey colored eyes and dark brown hair. His stance, so powerful, so confident. He is definitely the royal Beta. Many more men were standing behind him. WOW! He has way too many bodyguards.

All the love I savored in my heart for my mate was bubbling to come out. I wanted to run to him and hug him and never let go. I wanted to feel his warmth surrounding me but I guess I have to wait until we are left alone.

We all made our way to the meeting room. My mate took the center seat. It is my father's chair but my mate is our king so he was the one to take it. We all sat across the large table. My father sat on his right side, then my mother and then me. Sasha was not allowed in the meeting room, her father sat in front of mine. My mate didn't even spare a glance towards me, much to my disappointment. I'm sure he will announce today that I am his mate though.

 I'm sure he will announce today that I am his mate though

The meeting room

"We are here to renew the peace treaty between the royals and the Harmony pack." My mate spoke up breaking my train of thoughts.

"The treaty was terminated by the former Alpha of this pack, Late Christopher Raine. The current Alpha of the Harmony pack, Richard Raine wishes to bring his pack under our rule and protection again. Is there anyone who objects this alliance?" My mate asked in an authoritative tone. We received pin drop silence.

"Very well. We should proceed and sign this treaty." He gave the file to my father who didn't even bother to read it, he simply signed it and passed it towards my mate.

"From now on The Harmony Pack is under my protection. The people of this pack are now under my rule. With this the treaty is completed." My mate spoke up with finality. I was waiting for him to tell everyone that I am his mate. He didn't.

After the meeting my Father showed them their rooms. My mate left for his room without even looking at me. I guess he will inform my Father tomorrow. Well, it is probably the right decision as we all need time to take in this new alliance and to accept our new ruler. We always acknowledged him as our king anyway.

My great grandfather ended the treaty between our pack and the royals. He didn't want to be under any other ruler and he never liked The Alpha King. I don't know why my father wanted to renew this treaty. I guess I'll have to ask him myself.

Later that night...

"Are you both free? Can we talk?" I asked, standing at door of my parents' room.

"Yes honey, come in." My Mother said.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Yes princess." My Father permitted.

"What happened suddenly that you needed the protection of the royals?"

My Father sighed. I knew then and there that he doesn't want to tell me anything.

"I will not tell you the details but recently there are a lot of deaths happening in different packs. Two of our own pack members have died. We believe there is a group formed of mystical creatures who has decided to take down the werewolves. The packs attacked are the ones who are not under rule of the royals. I don't want more deaths in our pack and only the Alpha King can protect us."

I was shocked with what my father told me.

"Do you know what kind of creatures are these who are attacking the packs?" I asked him.

"I think it's enough information for you, honey. You should not get involved in this matter. The Alpha King will handle the situation. Go to your room and sleep." My Mother said. I sighed but stood up.

They don't know that I will be the Luna queen of all the werewolves so it is my duty to stand by my mate and support him. Well whatever it is, I will find out. For now, I know that the peace treaty is really very important.

~ ~ ~
Edited🌸