Chapter 48

Ryder's ears were buzzing as the blood rushed towards his head. His world falling apart as he helplessly witnessed his Charlie getting assaulted by the soulless atrocity. His vision turned red with the intent to kill. The anger that coursed through his body was unbearable.

He leaped towards the demon and transformed into his Lycanthrope form. Grey magnificent fur sprouting from all over his body, his body gaining unimaginable strength as his deadly nails dug deep into the throat of the enemy ripping him into uncountable pieces that disappeared into thin air.

A loud roar left his mouth as he saw his mate's body falling limply into the ground in the pool of his own blood.

They hurt his mate!

They made him bleed!

He wants to finish every demon by his own hands. He turned and saw the demon who held his Luna Queen disappear and he leaped to carry her in his arms. He put her to the ground gently and rushed towards his mate.

*******

Berenice's pov

I shook my head vigorously to shake the unconsciousness out. I opened my eyes after a few minutes and got to my feet in wobbly legs.

Charlie!

Oh my God, Charlie!

I frantically looked for Charlie and was taken back when I saw a huge Lycan holding Charlie's lifeless body in his arms. His large frame almost hid away Charlie's smaller one.

I cautiously approached the already distressed Lycan who I know is Ryder with a bleeding Charlie in his arms. My eyes welled up with tears as I look at the little boy, Ryder's angel in this condition.

Why did this happen to him? He doesn't deserve this. They both don't deserve this. They deserve their happily ever after.

"Ryder." I say, gently keeping a hand over the massive Lycan's shoulder and looked at the angel in his arms who had a smile on his face.

Ryder looked at me with his bloodshot eyes. His eyes spoke a million words. He lost his everything, his whole world and his own will to live.

I was about to say something when I felt my head spinning and I heard a faint sound.

lub dub.. lub dub...

lub dub.. lub dub...

I shook my head to focus back on Ryder and Charlie when I realized Ryder heard the same thing.

Charlie's heartbeat!

"Charlie!" the Lycan cried, his voice so deep, I almost couldn't recognize it's Ryder's.

How was I able to hear it?

"He- he's alive, Ryder!" I cried in happiness and I saw the tears of happiness leave Ryder's eyes too.

He did not wait another minute leaped towards the castle, no doubt, taking him to the medical wing.

"Berenice!" I was about to follow them when I heard the voice that I wanted to hear all day and in an instant, I was engulfed with my mate's warmth.

And just like that I surrender in his arms as I cried my heart out. I felt like all the troubles will be gone and all the problems will be solved as my mate is here now.

He is our protector

Our savior

I bury my face in his chest still sobbing as I am carried inside the castle. He did not say anything to me. Just allowed me to cry my heart out.