Chapter 41- Season 2

Alexander's pov

When Ryder whispered the name of Fatmagul, I was shell shocked.

It couldn't be Fatmagul, right?

She helped me save my mate's life.

"How is this possible? She was the one who saved Berenice."

"I know son. There are many people who excelled in magic. She is not the only one."

"Who else can it be?" I wondered.

"I need to talk to someone. I need to go out for a few days." My father said and left.

"Where do you think he is going?" Ryder asked me.

"I don't know. Do you think I should go to Berry now?"

"I don't know man. Do what you feel is right. But clear it out with her. Just tell her everything." He patted my back.

"Are you alright?" I asked him. He also looked pretty low.

"Yep."

"Trouble in paradise?" I asked him and nudged his shoulder. He just sighed.

"Let's not talk about it." He said and I chuckled.

"Ryder!" I heard Charlie calling out for him and he stopped in front of us and I immediately shut my mouth.

Didn't want to create more trouble for my brother.

"Baby." Ryder said and stood up to give him a peck.

I averted my eyes. My mind wandered back to what happened between me and my mate.

"Alpha." Charlie called me and my eyes snapped towards him.

"Luna Berry was looking for you."

I stood up in surprise.

"Really?" he nodded his head.

I hurried inside and could hear Ryder shouting all the best to me.

There was only one thing in my mind.

I have to clear everything with my mate and she is willingly asking to talk to me.

* * *

Berenice's pov

I sat there and cried for a long time. I didn't know what to do. My body was trembling in pain.

Is it supposed to hurt this much?

I looked at the wet towel beside me and picked it up to clean my body with trembling hands.

It's not my mate's fault. I saw those silver rings in his eyes.

"Ahhhhhhhh!" I held my head in my palms and screamed.

What are you doing Berenice? Why are you hurting your mate and yourself?

I should talk to my mate. And that's what I will do.

I need to get over this feeling of embarrassment. I saw the guilt in my mate's eyes when it was not even his fault. I don't want to make things difficult for us.

There is a whole army of unknown creatures wanting to separate my mate and I. I won't add up more drama now. We need to talk like adults.

I am the future Luna and I can't crumble at every bump in our way.

With the new found resolve I stood up, carefully covering myself with the duvet and went to the bathroom to wash away every trace of whatever happened today.