Chapter 29- Season 2

FLASHBACK

Alexander's POV

What did my mate do to deserve all this? She did nothing wrong. Her only fault is that she is mated to me.

Whenever I look at her pale, lifeless body, it reminds me of my failure. I failed as her mate. I was supposed to protect her. I always end up hurting her one way or the other.

I looked at the stars and the moon, shining bright in the sky, sending my silent prayer to the Gods above to save my mate.

I went inside the hut and settled on the floor beside the bed on which my mate was deep asleep. I gently caressed her cheek, wishing for her warmth to return. I leaned forward and kissed her forehead, my eyes closed as I did so.

"Come back to me my Queen. I need you. I cannot survive without you." I whispered and kissed both her eyes.

I clasped her hand in mine and nuzzled my face in her neck, taking in her scent, assuring myself that she is still here, she did not leave me. I closed my eyes and pictured our future selves with me feeding my mate fruits when her stomach is swollen with my pups. Just thinking about that future made me smile. I want that future with my mate.

A knock on the door brought me back to reality and I sat up straight.

"Come in."

Fatmagul entered the room.

"I think you should take some rest, my king. It is past midnight. We have to leave early in the morning tomorrow."

"Don't call me that." I snapped at her, not liking the way she addresses me.

Her eyes widen for a second then she regains her composure.

"As you wish, your majesty." She said.

"I have prepared a space for you to sleep."

"I will stay with my mate." I said gruffly, not wanting to speak to her. She bowed her head and left without saying anything else.

I know how she really is. She always lures men towards her, it is easy to fall for her hypnotizing eyes. She was the one and only reason for the conflict between my parents. That was the first time I saw them fight seriously.

I was still a kid back then. My mother was ready to leave my father as she was convinced that he slept with this woman. My father had to go through a lot of hardships to prove his innocence. The thought of his mate leaving him scared my father to his core.

I am not strong like my father. It is way worse for me.

I shook my head to get these thoughts out of my mind.

I decided to sleep on the floor, not wanting to leave my mate alone for a single moment.

* * *

NEXT MORNING

I picked up my mate in my arms and followed Fatmagul into the deeper part of the forest.

"Hold her tight, Alpha. Don't want to lose her because of these strong winds." She said riling me up. I wanted to rip her throat out.

The wind started to pick up the pace. I could feel a storm coming.

We traveled for almost an hour when we stopped at what looked like an entrance of a cave.

"We have to go inside the cave, Alpha." Fatmagul said and entered the cave and I followed suit.

It was dark inside, the only light in the cave was from the glowing patches on the roof. These was hardly any land to walk on. The light reflected the water that covered most of the ground, depth unknown.