Chapter 42- Season 2

Berenice's pov

I was idling in the garden. I wanted to ask Charlie to teach me some desserts to cook but the way Ryder took him away, I don't think he will be in condition to do anything.

I should better go and check on Savannah and Grace. I need to know what is going on with them.

I hurried up to their room. The door was open and I could hear crying noises so entered their room without knocking.

"Oh my god, are you two alright?" I asked when I saw them both crying in each other's arms.

They separated immediately and wiped their tears.

"Yes Luna. We are fine." Savannah said who looked ready to cry any minute again.

"Don't lie to me. If something is bothering you, you can share it with me. We are family now." I said softly.

"We are afraid that you will not like it, Luna." Grace said, wiping away her tears.

"What are you doing Grace? Don't say anything!" Savannah yelled at Grace.

I was puzzled.

"You can trust me Savannah." I said and held her shoulders in encouragement.

I wanted to know what is bothering them so badly.

"How will you feel Luna if the love of your life is being all cosy and intimate in front of you with someone else?" Savannah said and started sobbing.

I was stunned.

Love of her life?

Who?

"What are you talking about?"

"Ryder. Ryder and I love each other. We have loved each other for centuries. If it weren't for the mate bond, we would've been together. I know if the bond didn't force him, he would've never left me. This bond was forced on him." Savannah cried out.

I on the other hand, clenched my fists in anger.

How dare she insult the mate bond?

I took a deep breath, trying not to explode. She is heartbroken, that is why she is saying all this.

"Don't worry. One day, you will also find your mate and have your happily ever after." I assured her, giving her an encouraging smile.

"No Luna, you don't understand. Ryder still loves me. He just can't fight the mate bond. He does not love Charlie. He is forced to be with him because they are mates."

"Don't say like that, Savannah!" I said in pure shock.

"That's true, Luna. I have seen it in Ryder's eyes. And Charlie, he is not as innocent as he seems to be. He always rubs his relationship with Ryder on her face." Grace supported Savannah.

"Charlie is not like that." I said through gritted teeth.

"You know what. Keep on crying." I said and left their room.

I was about to enter our room when I heard a loud growl of my mate.

"Traitor!"

I stopped dead on my tracks.

Traitor?

What?

Who?

I didn't think twice before running towards my mate's office. I rushed in and saw my mate's eyes glowing golden, a feral look on his face, heaving from anger.