Chapter 40- Season 2

Berenice's pov

I sat wide eyed on the bed as tear after tear slid down the eyes of my mate.

"I am sorry, Berenice." A whisper left my mate's lips. My eyes were trained on my mate. He couldn't believe what he had done. Slowly, my current condition registered in my and I hurriedly wrapped the duvet around me.

My senses came back to me and a feeling of embarrassment hit me full force. My mind replayed what happened with me a few minutes back and I felt exploited.

Violated

Humiliated

Damaged

That's what I felt. My lower region was hurting so much, I squeezed my thighs together to lessen the pain. Tears escaped my eyes as I wrapped my arms around my body.

I could still feel my mate's touch all over myself. My mind replayed the reaction of my body when my mate touched me, the way I moaned wantonly. I feel ashamed.

I choked a sob. I couldn't wash away the feeling of helplessness I felt when my mate's hands were inside me.

Why did it happen to me? why?

It wasn't supposed to be like this with my mate. I never imagined our first intimate contact to be this way.

My mate was not in his right mind but it doesn't change whatever happened between us.

My heart wracked as my body shook with sobs. I failed to hold them in.

I did not look towards my mate. I couldn't bring myself to do that. It was too much for me to handle.

"Berenice." I hear my mate's voice filled with agony. I hear him take a step forward towards me and then he stopped abruptly. I lifted my head up to see what stopped him from coming towards me.

He was staring at his hand which had my essence on them. I moved my gaze away.

My mate rushed to the bathroom and came out after a few minutes with a wet towel.

"Berry, allow me to clean you up." My mate tried hard to keep his voice normal but I could see the guilt swarming in his eyes.

My heart was hurting for us.

"I- I can do it myself." I managed to utter.

My mate's face contorted in pain.

"Berry.."

"Please, I- I wa- want to be al- alone right now." I managed to say between my sobs.

I don't want to be touched right now.

He left the towel beside me and rushed out of the room.

As soon as he slammed the door shut, I fell down on the bed as I cried my heart out, trying to wash away all the pain and humiliation with my tears.

* * *

Ryder's pov

I don't know what is wrong with Charlie. Whenever he sees Savvy and Grace, he acts all.... Bitchy.

My mate is not like that. He is the epitome of cuteness. There must be a reason for him to act like this but he is not ready to tell me anything.

I was walking down the hallway thinking about my mate's changed behavior when I saw Alex rush down.

Wait... is he crying?

No way! Alexander never cries.

I followed him down the stairs.