Chapter 15

I felt empty from inside. All the energy drained out from my body. I just want to sleep everything off. I don't want to face anyone. Everything is taken away from me. My parents are dead, I'm forcefully marked by the mate who doesn't want me and most probably my brothers never want to see my face again.

My mate and I were sitting on the bed side by side once I stopped crying.

"What did you do to me?" I asked him in a low whisper but I knew he heard me.

"Why was I unconscious for a week?" I continued.

"Why was it so painful?" my voice cracked. I waited for his answer but it did not come.

One minute..

Two minutes...

Three minutes...

Three minutes passed when he finally decided to look towards me.

"Your body was not ready." Came his short reply. I didn't turn to look at him but could feel his intense gaze on me.

"Why?" he is my mate, why was I not ready for him?

"You don't have your wolf. You are just a human right now. My beast was too much for you to take."

"You knew it from the start?" he muttered a small yes.

"You still marked me." I looked towards him and said this in an accusatory tone.

"You talked about sleeping with other men. I had to mark you. I don't share what belongs to me. You poked my beast and he reacted." He said in a defensive tone.

"You don't have any right to do this." I said through gritted teeth. He's getting on my nerves. And I don't know from where I'm getting the courage to actually be angry in front of him.

In a flash, my jaw was locked in his hand in a tight grip and he was staring right into my eyes.

"I have all the right in this world to do anything with you." He shouldn't have said that. It only increased my anger. I'm not his possession and he better understand that.

He noticed my anger and his expressions turned soft.

"I have marked you. There is no getting away from me now." He says, loosening his grip on my jaw.

How do I tell him that I never wanted to get away? It was him who was pushing me away. I don't even know whether to be happy or sad about his statement. He is getting possessive over me, but not because he loves me, but because he marked me.

"Oh, so now I'm just a thing that you own huh?" I asked bitterly. I was getting sleepy now. What is happening. My eyes were closing and opening. He noticed this.

"Don't. you have to eat something." He shook my face from side to side but it was too late. I was not able to get up. He finally gave up helped me to lie down on the bed. As soon as I was under the warm duvet, I fell asleep.

"Wake up."

"Come on, wake up."

"Berenice."

The beautiful voice was coming from a faraway land. As soon as I heard my name, butterflies exploded in my stomach. I've never liked my name so much but I'm loving it right now.

"Wake up." The voice called again.

Darkness faded away from my eyes and I came face to face with none other than my mate. He was hovering above my sleeping form and he was the one whispering in my ear to wake me up. Oh god! It was the first time he called me by my name.