Chapter 38- Season 2

Mature chapter. Reader discretion advised!

Berenice's pov

It has been an hour my mate rushed to somewhere and his father and uncle followed him. Ryder sent the wolves who came here asking for help to the medical wing.

I was pacing back and forth looking at the castle entrance from time to time waiting for my mate to return.

"Luna." Came a voice from the stairs and I turned to look at Charlie who was rubbing his eyes.

I rushed towards him.

"How are you feeling, Charlie?" I asked, touching his forehead with the back of my hand, checking for fever.

"I am fine, Luna. Sorry for making you all worry." I smiled at him and told hi that it was no problem at all.

I could see that he was still on edge and needed Ryder with him as his eyes were darting everywhere looking for him.

"Ryder went to the medical wing. He'll be back shortly." I told him and his eyes grew frantic.

"What? Why is he in the medical wing? Is he hurt? I'll go check on him." he said and walked towards the direction of the wing.

I should've explained the whole thing.

Stupid Berry!

"Charlie, wait!" I called him and he stopped. He turned towards me with a confused look.

"Ryder is fine. There were few wolves who came to ask for help. They were badly injured and Ryder took them to the medical wing."

I could see relief flooding in his eyes. He sighed and walked towards me with his head lowered.

"I'm sorry Luna. I'm very disturbed right now. I couldn't bear the thought of Ryder getting harmed because of me. Because I am his mate. All the problems in his life started because of me." he said with tears falling down his eyes. He looked so broken. My heart hurt for him.

"No Charlie. None of this is your fault. Don't blame yourself for any of this. You are the reason for Ryder's happiness. He loves you. Don't doubt yourself." I consoled him, wiping away his tears.

Charlie sniffled and gave me a teary smile.

"We are all very fond of you, Charlie. Adam, my mate and I, we all love you. And we are very proud of you. You went through so much at such a tender age and still survived. Don't consider yourself weak.

You are the support system of your mate. Stay strong for him and for yourself. Okay." I said and patted his head.

"Thank you, Luna. I needed that." He said happily. Ryder came up from behind him and wrapped his arms around his mate.

"Thank you, Berry. I told him thousand times that he doesn't have to feel bad for anything. But he never listens." Ryder said and Charlie elbowed him in the stomach. Ryder just pecked Charlie's hair and smiled at him.

"Ryder." Came a voice that irritated me to my core and Savannah and Grace came sauntering towards us.

It was Grace who spoke earlier.

"Hey Ry. It's been so long. How are you?" Savannah asked.

"Hey Savvy, Grace. Life's been busy. But it's good to meet you after so long." I could feel Ryder's nervousness because he was holding a seething Charlie in his arms who was trying to hold back from snapping at these two women.

I could see the anger swirling in Charlie's eyes. Ryder tightened his hold on Charlie, in case he tries to do something rash.

"I guess I'll meet you later." Ryder said and left taking Charlie with him.