Chapter 22

Ryder's POV

We were in one of the guest rooms of the pack house and currently I was sitting on the edge of the bed and my very scared looking mate was sitting in the middle shivering out of fear. He flinched and cowered away whenever I tried to reach for him.

I know I screwed up big time with my mate. Now, my mate is terrified of me. I don't want that. I want him to love me but it seems impossible at the moment.

What the hell was I thinking when I pushed him away from me? I am a heartless man. I left him after deflowering him. How could I do this to my angel? I hurt his mother in front of him. I don't even want to know how much he hates me right now.

"Charlie." I called him softly and he jumped away to the opposite end of the bed. A heavy feeling settled in my chest, my heart felt like it's constricting inside me. I cannot take this anymore. I want to make Charlie happy. He is my angel, angels should happy and glowing, not sad and depressed.

"Charlie, my baby, I know I have hurt you so much and trust me I regret it very much. It was never my intention to cause you so much pain. It came to me as a shock when I came to know my mate is a male and my mind went into overdrive. I never wanted to make you feel small. I know it doesn't matter how much I regret my actions. The damage has been done but please baby allow me to make it up to you.

I shouldn't have left you that day. You still came to me after that but I pushed you away. I regret it baby, I regret it so much. No explanation can justify my actions towards you. I don't even know how I said that I can move on with someone else when I know it's impossible. You were mine the moment I saw you and I was yours. Please give your stupid mate a chance to redeem himself, to win you back, please my angel." I pleaded with him with tears in my eyes.

He was frozen for a while and then tears streamed down his face like waterfall. His shoulders shook violently and he let out gut wrenching cries. I wanted to rush to his side and hold him in my arms but I don't think he want me touch him at the time. I still decided to give it a try and use another approach.

"Please don't cry baby. I am the one who should cry, I am the one who should suffer, not you. Please give me a chance to treat you right, please give me a chance to be the perfect mate for you." I pleaded and opened my arms for him. It's up-to him now. If he comes to me, I will be glad that he gave me a chance. If he didn't, I will work harder to get him to trust me and consider giving me another chance.

My angel was broken from the inside, he needed comfort, he needed love and right now I was offering it to him. We are soulmates and it is natural for us to seek for each other in the time of need. He jumped straight into my arms, wrapped his arms around my neck and started crying into my chest.

I wrapped my arms around him and brought him as close to me as possible. He cried his heart out in my embrace and so did I. It all was happening because of me. My angel has cried way too much after meeting me. When someone finds their mate, it's the happiest moment of their life but I ruined mine's life. He has been sad since the day he found me.

My angel tried to kill himself. I cannot shake that thought away. What would've happened if he actually did it? How would I ever be able to live if I lost him? No! I did all this. I will never leave my mate and I will never let him leave me. I will fill his life with so much happiness that such thoughts will never cross his mind. I won't let him cry anymore.

I sat down on bed with him on still shaking on my lap. I tightened my embrace on him and he brought himself closer to me as if he couldn't get close enough. I'll let him cry this once. He needs to leave all his sorrow behind after this day. After this, if anyone ever made him cry, they'll have to face the wrath of Ryder Black.