Chapter 34- Season 2

"Berenice!"

"Wake up."

"Please!"

I felt someone shaking me lightly and calling my name. I slowly opened my eyes and saw the worried face of my mate in front of me. I was in our bed in the cabin. My mate helped me to sit up straight on the bed and I held my head and scrunched up my face.

"Wait, I'll bring medicine for you." He left and got me a tablet and a glass of water. After having the medicine, I started to feel a little better. Suddenly a very strong, heavenly scent hit my senses and I couldn't help but close my eyes and breathe it in.

"Berenice?" my mate called out my name. I opened my eyes immediately and launched myself on my mate and buried my nose in his neck. The heavenly scent was coming from my mate.

"You smell so nice, mate." I said and moaned at the tingles that ran through my body after I touched my mate.

I ran my nose at the column of his neck and moaned loudly. My hands were clutching my mate's Tee-Shirt while my mate's hands were tightly gripping my waist.

"What are you doing, Berry?" he said through gritted teeth, his grip becoming tighter as the seconds pass by. It was becoming difficult for me to breathe but not because of my mate's grip on me but because of the sudden arousal I felt.

"Mate!" I moaned and lightly sucked on his neck. As soon as I did this my mate pushed me away from and shot out of the cottage. I was left speechless on the bed.

I... what the hell was I doing?

Why did my mate push me away?

My eyes filled with tears. Do I repulse him that much? Is he still bothered by me being like a pathetic human? That I am not his equal?

I sniffled and rubbed my eyes, stopping the tears from falling.

I walked out of the cottage to find my mate.

There he was, standing near a tree, his back towards me, breathing heavily, his hands fist at his sides. His body was rigid, his veins popped out from his hands.

"M- Mate." I called him out, my voice cracked and I was trying hard to control myself from the ugly sobbing.

He turned towards me almost immediately and I gasped as I saw his golden eyes staring right at me.

Golden?

He closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose. He opened his eyes after a few seconds and they were back to the beautiful blues.

"Why did you push me away?" I asked and my lips wobbled. I don't know why I was feeling so humiliated.

I think my mate felt what I was feeling because he looked at me with shock and then his expressions changed into anger and he was right in my face in a blink of a second.

"What the hell are you thinking Berenice?" he asked me through gritted teeth. He was trying to control himself but I could feel the anger oozing off of him.

I couldn't handle the intensity of it and I whimpered and tried to step back but he gripped my arm and pulled me towards him with full force and I slammed right into his chest.

He held my chin and made me look into his eyes that were filled with anger and disbelief.

"Speak up Berry! What were you thinking?" he almost yelled. I was feeling scared of him and tried to get away but he didn't let me. I started sobbing hard to the point that it became difficult for me to breathe.

My mate's eyes softened at my state and he released my chin from his hold.

"Hey, don't cry, I'm sorry." He said in a gentle voice and wiped my tears away.