Chapter 27- Season 2

I can recognize him anywhere. His back was facing us but I knew his face has a murderous expression.

There was a sudden change in the air around us. I knew then and there that everything will be alright. He is back to serve justice. I won't have to take the burden of slaughtering his subjects.

I had the right to end their life. I am the Royal Beta, no one would question me about my decision but it didn't feel right to me to do it in Alex's absence.

All the warriors present with me came out of our hiding place, stood before him and went down on their knees to bow to their king. He acknowledged them by a little nod of his head and they all stood up, happiness radiating off from them as now they have their Alpha King back.

I wanted to know where Berry is, but this is not the time. I have to take my mate and his parents away from here. I don't want him to witness anything that is about to happen now. It will scar my angel's mind forever.

I took quick strides towards Charlie and pulled him to my chest. He was shocked to see Alex. We all were.

The warriors ran towards Charlie's parents and brought them to us. I need to get them out of here.

I instructed them to take Charlie and his parents to the pack house. I promised Charlie I'd be there soon. He knew he didn't have any choice but to follow what I say.

Charlie left with his parents and few of our warriors and I stood beside Alex and faced the traitors, the so-called council.

They were shaking out of fear and fell to their knees begging us to forgive them.

"P-please forgive us Al-Alpha." the leader of the council spoke up.

"You showed your true colors in my absence." Alex said through gritted teeth, his hands clenched in anger, his eyes blazing with fury.

"You tried to separate two soulmates from each other, you attacked innocent people, YOU DARED TO HARM THE FAMILY OF THE ROYAL BETA!" he roared.

Cries left the lips of the seven pathetic wolves kneeling in front of us, begging for mercy from their Alpha King. No one could meet the King's eyes.

A sadistic part of me enjoyed the look of fear in their eyes. I wanted them to cry for mercy as I cause them pain. I wanted their cries for mercy turn into the cries pleading for me to simply end their lives. It's been so hard on me to control myself and think rationally about the situation.

We cannot establish the reign of terror. The Royals have always been fair leaders and I wanted it to remain that way.

We are their protectors and we won't change this until absolutely necessary.

"Sorr-y Alpha, please fo-forgive us." The youngest of them cried out.

All of them came forward on their knees and fell on Alex's feet.

"Mercy Alpha! Please show us some mercy!" they all cried out in unison.

Good...

Kneel in front of your king

Beg for your life

Plead for mercy

"Did you show any mercy to Charlie's parents?" Alex asked, his voice gruff. He picked up the youngest one who looked like he's about to faint.

"Please Alpha, please, don't kill me." he joined his palms together and begged him to spare his life. His body was shaking and he was unable to breathe properly.

Alex threw him aside and turned his attention to the other six in front of his feet. The head of the council was picked up by the scruff of his neck, fingers digging deep into the skin, cries of pain leaving his mouth.