Epilogue

Five years later

Berenice rolled over in her soft bed giggling to herself. She cannot wait for Alexander to be back from his trip. Every six months he visits all the packs for inspection. It has been two weeks now and he will return back in a few hours

She laid tangled in the sheets with a dreamy smile on her face remembering the first time she gave herself completely to her mate.

After the coronation ceremony, Alexander lead Berenice in their room. The door was locked so no one could disturb their precious alone time.

Alexander stalked towards his mate who looked up at him with her bright twinkling eyes. She took a step back when he reached her and he took one forward. She did not know why she stepped back. She was just nervous by the way her mate was looking at her.

She was about to take one more step back when Alexander's hand shot forward, grabbing her arm, stopping her from further moving backwards.

His predatory gaze ran over his mate's delectable body who was squirming in his hold seemingly breathless. He raised his hand and ran the back of his index finger on her soft cheek.

Berenice's eyes close on instinct as she leaned into her mate's touch and a content sigh left her lips. Alexander rounds his arm around her waist and pulls her towards him so that her palms settle over his chest.

He presses a loving kiss on the side of her head and slowly moves forward, peppering kisses over her cheek. He presses a kiss at the corner of her lips making her squeeze her eyes even more tightly.

"Open your eyes Berenice." He whispers in his mate's ear which made a shiver run down her spine. She gulps and shakes her head, denying him.

She was trembling because of nervousness. Her heart was about to beat out of her chest. She will crumble if she looked at her mate.

"My Love, open your eyes for me." she lets out a low whimper at her mate's request and slowly opens her eyes, tilting her head up so that she could look at her mate's face.

"Do you trust me?" Alexander asks her. His voice thick with need and want. Berenice nods shyly.

"Use your words, sweetheart."

"Ye- yes." Her heart was soaring at the gentle manner her mate was treating her and at the loving endearments he was using to address her.

A soft peck was placed on her forehead and then over the tip of her nose. She was already a panting mess, short breaths leaving her lips as her body hummed in anticipation of her mate's next move.

With one hand around her waist and one hand on her cheek, he takes her lips into a loving, tender kiss. His lips trace her bottom lip asking for entrance which is granted immediately. Berry's lips parted, allowing her mate's tongue to explore the hot caverns of her mouth.

Her tongue participated in a sweet battle with his and lost allowing him to dominate the kiss. The kiss was broken only when it became difficult for both of them to breathe. Both panted for breath, their gaze fixed on each other.

Berry doesn't know what came over her but she held his face in between the palms of her hands and kissed her mate. Alexander wrapped both his arms around her waist and pulled her flush against him.

She pulled away from the kiss as Alexander moved down to press soft kisses over her jaw and then to her neck. He sucked at the mating mark that made Berry's legs tremble and a broken moan leave her lips.

"I will take care of you." he whispers as his hands travel at her back and he slowly unzip her gown making her gasp. She fists at the front of his tuxedo as she gets ready for what is about to come next.