Chapter 35- Season 2

Berenice's pov

My mate gently put me down on the bed. I was still wrapped in the blanket, feeling extremely shy.

My mate sensed my emotions and looked at me softly.

"Wait here. I will bring some clothes for you." He said caressing my cheek. He placed a loving kiss on my lips and left to get some clothes.

He got a full length cherry colored dress. He left me inside the cottage to give me privacy. I was feeling sore and didn't want to leave the bed. So, he asked me to change here while he waited outside.

I quickly got dress and called out for my mate. I didn't want to be alone.

When my mate didn't come back, a whine left my mouth and my mate came back running in.

"Berenice? Are you alright? Are you hurting?" he fussed over me. I launched myself on my mate and he took me in his arms, cuddling me close to him.

I let out little whimpers.

"What happened, Berry?" my mate asked me, worry clear in his voice. I clutched onto him, not wanting to let go. The need to be close to him getting stronger and stronger. I buried my nose in his neck and sniffed, his scent comforting me.

He sat on the bed along with me and allowed me to sniff him.

"Berry." I pulled my face out from his neck and looked at him.

"I am so happy you that you transformed into your wolf."

"I'm happy too." I said and a few tears left my eyes because of how happy I was. My emotions were getting hard for me to handle.

My mate wiped the tears away from my face and softly smiled at me.

"Your wolf form is very beautiful. A beautiful chocolate brown and shiny fur. It was so soft. Your wolf form looked divine. It had the powerful aura of a queen. It was close to the size of my wolf. I am very impressed mate." He said and nuzzled my nose. I turned crimson red at his words feeling extremely shy.

What the hell is wrong with you Berenice?

My mate chuckled at my reaction.

"Don't worry. Your senses are heightened. It takes a while to adjust to our new self after the turning. You will be fine. I will be there for you." He said kissed my cheek.

I was enjoying my mate's attention very much. Way too much.

Suddenly, I remembered something and decided to ask him about it.

"Mate, I don't know why, I always suffer from a severe pain in my chest. The pain hits randomly. Is there something wrong with me?" I asked. I was scared of his answer.

What if I was sick?

Will I die?

I don't want to die.

I want to live with my mate.

"No baby. Your body was preparing for the change. It was a long process. Our meeting triggered the starting of this. You are the Queen, you will have unimaginable powers, your body was not ready to handle so much of energy. Don't worry. Nothing is wrong with you."

I let out a sigh of relief.

"Why didn't you turn into your wolf to meet me?" I pouted at my mate.

"Because, you are a newly turned female. It will be hard for you to control yourself when you meet my wolf form. Our animal instincts will take over in our wolf from. The need to claim your mate in every possible way will overpower any reason and logic. I don't want to take advantage of your fragile state." He explained and I blushed, regretting that question I asked.