Chapter 44- Season 2

Berenice's pov

We sat there in silence for fifteen minutes in each other's arms. There were so many questions swirling in my mind and I was scared for our kind. These demons are proving to be very dangerous. They managed turn our own people against us. They invaded our castle otherwise how did they contact Mark and those guards?

But why only guards? Why not any other high ranking Lycan?

Those demons can deceive anyone, they are shape shifters. Only our child can save us from them but am I ready to be a mother?

No

Even if we do have a child now, an infant can't do anything to protect us.

My mate pulled away from my neck bringing me out of my reverie.

"Mate, what will they gain from those guards?" I asked him.

"They know every single corner of dungeons. There are many prisoners that can be very dangerous for us. They managed to invade the castle. I don't know what they will do next and how will we stop them." My mate said and ran his hand through his hair.

"I know it looks so difficult at the moment but I am sure you will stop them. I have faith in you. I support you in whichever way I can. Don't think you are alone. We are in this together." I reassure him. He smiles at me, his gaze holding pride while looking at me.

"Thank you, Berenice." My mate said and kissed my forehead.

"I will always be with you, mate. And yes, one more thing, all the drama that we have at home with your cousin and Charlie, I will handle it. I don't want you to stress over such issues, you already have so much on your plate." I said and my mate happily nodded.

"We will start your training tomorrow, my brave mate." I smiled and snuggled into his chest.

Everything will be fine, we will succeed I am sure.

******

We arrived at the castle in the late afternoon. I was a little worried because we had to talk to my mate's parents. They found out something which looked like it will play a major role while dealing with those demons.

"Sweetheart, go and rest, you must be tired. We will talk with my parents in the evening. I have to talk to Ryder. That idiot did not show up today for the training."

"No, I am not tired. I didn't even do anything there today. I want to stay with you. And do you think it is a good idea to talk with Ryder right now? What if we walk in on him and Charlie..." I let the sentence hang in the air, wiggling my eyebrows. My mate groaned as if he already imagined the dreaded sight.

"Then what do you want to do now?" my mate asked me. I grinned at him.

"I want to snuggle with you!" I said excitedly and jumped slightly like a kid holding on to his arm. My mate chuckled at my behavior.

"I have something to do in my office. I will join you after a while." I pouted at my mate's response but let him go to his office.

Then I remembered about Savannah and Grace. I have to deal with these two bitches and I will do it in front of Charlie.

I guess I will have to knock on his door.

Should I take holy water with me just in case?

I shook my head and made my way towards Ryder and Charlie's room.

The door opened before I could knock on the door and I came face to face with a refreshed Ryder.

"Hey Berry, came to see me?" Ryder said while grinning.