o. new beginnings

‧₊˚✩ 彡
prequel; new beginnings

‧₊˚✩ 彡prequel; ❝new beginnings❞

‧₊˚✩ 彡

          EMILY Mills and her younger sister, Katherine, had been sitting at their kitchen table, helping Emily browse for a new after school job.

          "How about this one?" Katherine points to a job listing for a 'Shoe Repairman.'
          "Seriously?" Emily questions. "What does a 'Shoe Repairman' even do?"
          "Repair shoes, idiot." Katherine sighed.
          Emily flicked her sister on her forehead, "Yeah I figured that much."

          "Or this one?" Katherine turns the computer screen so they can both see clearly, and begins reading the listing to Emily. "It's at a place called Junk N' Stuff. Part time job for varies duties, no special skills necessary."

          "How much does it pay?" Emily asked, not bothering to look to the screen and read it herself.
          "Nine bucks an hour."
          "Heck yeah!" Emily cheered. "When are they taking interviews?"
          "Any time from yesterday at eight o'clock, until today at six o'clock." Kate answered.

          Within fifteen minutes, Emily was standing outside the junk shop. She opened the door, and on the wall there was a dinosaur head, which was triggered to breath fire upon entry. Emily walked up to the counter, and before she could say anything the foreign man widened his eyes.

          "Is something wrong?" Emily asked politely, her eyes widening too on having a certain realization. "Is there peanut butter on my face?"

          The man chuckled and shook his head, "Why would there be the butter of a peanut on your face?" He asked, his thick accent coating his words.

          Emily replayed that sentence in her head. "The butter of a peanut?" The man nodded. "It's just called peanut butter."

          "That is what I said. Paynut Booter." He cleared his throat.

          "No." She rolled her eyes, "Now you're saying something completely different. Try it with me, okay?" He nodded. "Peanut..."
          "Peanut," He repeated.
          "Butter."
"Bootar."
          She sighed, "Whatever, man."

          "You still haven't answered my question on why there would be peanut butter on your face." He motioned to her head.

          She mentally kicked herself, as he was now saying it correctly. "My little sister is a brat, that's all there is to it."