xxxvi. wasting my time

-ˋˏ ❁ ୭̥°. ─────── .°୭̥ ❁ ˎˊ˗
chapter xxxii; wasting my time

°୭̥ ❁ ˎˊ˗chapter xxxii; ❝wasting my time❞

FINALE CHAPTERS 5/6
-ˋˏ ❁ ୭̥°. ─────── .°୭̥ ❁ ˎˊ˗

' not edited! '

"OH, kid you're awake!"

He quickly turned his head to the voice. He didn't recognize the man. But one could only assume what was going on.

"I know, you might be a little scared." The guy walked over to his kitchen, which was connected to the bedroom and living room— It was all one big room. "I was just bird watching off Mount Swellview when i saw a fire, and I thought, 'Oh no! Was there someone in that fire?' So I ran over, and there you were!"

The guy turned around and took a sip of the boiling liquid.

"Speechless, eh?"

He stayed silent.

"What's your name kid?" The guy sat on a nearby chair and stared.

"I- uh. My name, is Henry." Henry's eyes widened as he realized what happened. "I need to get back!"

He tried to stand up, but the guy only pushed him back down. "Nah, nah! You need to rest kid!"

"No, I have to—"

"Shh." The man sighed and stood up.

He silently walked over to the door and twisted the lock.

"Why—"

"Kid. I was gonna try and do this the nice way. But you're making it very difficult." The man walked toward Henry.

Henry jumped backward and off the bed in defense.

"I thought you were hurt." The man laughed, "Or we're you faking?"

"You said you found me passed out in a fire!" Henry yelled. "How could I have faked that?"

"I suppose you're right." He laughed again, "Come here kid."

As the man swung for a punch, Henry ducked and circled around him. This man clearly didn't know who he was.

"Oh! So you've got moves, I see.." He went in for another punch. Then another. It was just restless punching, hoping one of them would hit Henry.

But none of them did. Henry successfully dodged all forty-two punches. He counted them, too.

The man heaved, "Why are you so fast?!"

Henry's body was aching for help. He knew he needed to recover, but he needed to get home more than anything.

The man kneeled on the ground, out of shape and out of breath. Henry took a step forward and looked the man dead in the eyes.

"You're wasting my time." He growled, socking the man in the side of the head, knocking him out cold.

Henry ran over to the door and fiddled with the lock, and once he finally got out, he took off running to the heart of Swellview.

"EMILY, listen." Ray sighed. "I know you're hurting. So was I, for weeks." He turned to look at her. She wasn't even paying attention. "Em, please. We need you."

She turned her head to look at him.

"I mean come on... Henry wouldn't want you to be like this. We miss you. And we need you. I can't fight crime on my own." He sighed again, "I'm old, remember?"

She stifled a laugh and looked him in the eye, "You mean that?"

Her voice came out raspy and dry, seeing as that was the first time she'd spoken in weeks.

"Of course I mean it, kid." Ray smiled, opening his arms, "Come here."

She leaned over and hugged him. Maybe it was time to get back to normal.

Beep, beep, beep! The alarms started blaring.

"Ready to fight crime again?" Ray asked, pulling away from the hug.

Emily nodded, "Ready."

THE tubes extended from the ceiling, and Ray and Emily shot down.

"Hey guys, how'd it go—" Char gasped as she turned around to see Emily and Ray completely covered in mud.

"Can we get the tarps please?!" Jasper shouted.

"What happened?!" Charlotte walked over to them both. "Ugh— you stink."

"Thanks, Charlotte." Ray rolled his eyes. "We we're chasing the crimin-al when he pushed us both in the sewer and locked the lid! The only way for us to get out was to use the sewer lid across town."

"Why did you say it like that?" Schwoz criticized, placing the tarp on the floor.

Ray lifted his eyebrow, "What?"

"Crimin-alé." He repeated.

Ray reached out to angrily grab Schwoz, but he quickly backed off the tarp.

"Soo... you didn't catch the bad guy?" Jasper asked.

"NO WE DIDN'T CATCH THE BAD GUY JASPER!" Ray yelled.

Jasper shrugged and walked away, "Alright, man."

Emily groaned, "I knew I should've stayed in bed."

a/n: hi ily <3 say it back