xx. birthday boy

‧₊˚✩ 彡
chapter xx; birthday boy

‧₊˚✩ 彡chapter xx; ❝birthday boy❞

‧₊˚✩ 彡

IT'S five in the morning in the Man Cave. Everything was quiet. Emily was sound asleep in her room. Katherine was snoring in her room. Schwoz was nowhere to be found, and Ray was sleeping on the couch, spooning a stuffed animal.

Ding. The sound of Emily's phone receiving a text echoed throughout the Man Cave. Emily groaned and rolled over, grabbing her phone. She tried to adjust her eyes to the light as she opened her texts. Henry said: "Guess what today is ;)"

Emily looked at the date and smiled, quickly getting out of bed and putting on some leggings and a t-shirt. She grabbed the small gift box out of her closet and headed out of the sprocket.

She stopped walking when she noticed the lights off and Ray snoring, hugging the stuffed animal tightly.

She rolled her eyes, "Whatever."

She swung open the door to the Hart household, "Good morning lovely people!"

"Morning, Em," Piper greeted, dipping a paintbrush.

"Hi Emily! What're you doing here so early?" Mrs. Hart set down her paintbrush and smiled.

Emily put her gift on the coffee table, "It's Henry's birthday." She smiled.

"Yeah, yeah," Piper rolled her eyes at the mention of her older brother.

"What are you guys doing?" Emily asked, getting a closer look at it.

"My dad broke my stairs while chasing a raccoon," Piper said simply.

"Again," Mrs. Hart sighed.

Emily looked around, "Where's Hen—"

"Heey!" Henry called, turning down the stairwell, "Happy my birthday, happy my birthday!" He exclaimed happily, running down the stairs.

"There's the birthday boy!" Emily waved and smiled, and Henry did the same back.

"Watch out!" Mrs. Hart warned.

Henry continues to run downstairs, "Watch out for wha-ah!" He grunted as he fell down the last few steps.

Emily walked over and helped him up, "Your dad broke the stairs."