xxxi. a good pair

‧₊˚✩ 彡
chapter xxx; a good pair

important! pls read this message: im changing my username from "richiett" to "-IZUDEKU" so don't forget me guys!! thats it, carry on

‧₊˚✩ 彡

RAINDROPS fell from the dark sky, bouncing off the roof and creating a soothing sound. Emily sat peacefully upstairs at Junk N' Stuff, while Henry and Ray were out fighting crime.

Due to her recent injuries, she was suspended from being Girl Danger for two weeks. She was bored. Extremely, terribly, bored.

The door to the small junk shop swung open, the bell hung above it ringing.

"Hey, welcome to Junk N' Stuff, look around and take your time, if you need anything let me know." The familiar spiel of words rolled of Emily's tongue with ease, having done it everyday over the summer.

"Thanks," the male customer smiled, and made his way to the back of the room to examine some buckets.

Emily scrolled through her phone. She felt pretty much healed, just a little insecure, and this was the first customer she'd gotten all day. She sighed and opened her text messages:

GROUP: hen+dad

em
how's the crime fighting going???

dad
not so great.

hen
yeah we lost the guys fifteen
minutes ago, can't find em
anywhere

em
yikes that sucks
read ✓✓

EMILY groaned in boredom. She couldn't blame them for not answering, they were busy chasing criminals after all.

"Excuse me," the guy walked up to the counter.

Emily lifted her head from her phone, "Can I help you find something?"

"Yeah, actually. Do you happen to have any small Christmas trees?"

Emily laughed, "We do, in the back. Let me go grab one."

She walked out from behind the counter and through the beaded curtain. Next to the elevator was a shelf. And on the very top was a small Christmas tree. Of course it's on the top shelf, Emily thought.