xxix. stainless steve

‧₊˚✩ 彡
chapter xxix; stainless steve

‧₊˚✩ 彡chapter xxix; ❝stainless steve❞

‧₊˚✩ 彡

EVERYTHING was back to normal for the crime fighting trio. With their daily dose of disaster, they were as if nothing bad ever happened; I guess that was the positivity in them.

Speaking of disaster, they were all exhausted from almost getting blown up by a World War II nuclear bomb called Whistlin' Suzie.

After the incident with the shower, Emily couldn't help but feel insecure about the scars that were permanently imprinted on her back.

She sighed and looked at the time, If I don't hurry Ray is going to be mad. Checking the weather, she groaned. It's supposed to be in the high eighties today.

Emily walked over to her mirror and turned around, her fingers grazing over her back. Without her permission, a tear slipped down her cheek. She quickly wiped it and threw on a black hoodie to hide her imperfect skin.

She put on a smile and walked into the Man Cave.

"Hey, kiddo," Ray greeted from the couch, sipping a cup of hot coffee.

"Morning," She called back.

Ray looked at her and raised his brows, "It's gonna be pretty hot outside, you sure you want to wear that?"

She looked down at her hoodie, "Yep!"

"Okaay," He sipped his coffee, "But don't complain later when you get hot."

"Pshh, I won't."

Ding. The elevator door hissed open, "What's up?"

"Hi, Hen." Emily smiled, sitting on the couch next to Ray.

"Hey," He returned the smile and sat next to her.

Swoosh. Swoosh. Emily turned her head as the tubes retracted from the ceiling, Charlotte and Jasper coming into view.

"Did you guys hear?!" Charlotte asked, holding her laptop in her hands.

"No?"
"What do you mean?"
"Hear what, Charlotte?"

Charlotte put down the laptop in front of them. "Look!" Jasper shouted, "Stainless Steve is on the run, and he keeps punching holes in things."

Emily looked at Jasper, "Sounds fun."

Ray nudged her.