xxv. i didn't mean it like that

‧₊˚✩ 彡
chapter xxv; i didn't mean it like that

‧₊˚✩ 彡chapter xxv; ❝i didn't mean it like that❞

‧₊˚✩ 彡

"MORNING guys," Emily smiled as she walked into the main room, getting coffee from the machine.

Jasper and Charlotte mumbled a good morning, also drinking coffee, and scrolled through their phones.

"Morning, Emily! How did you sleep?" Ray smiled, sitting close to where she was standing.

She scrunched up her face, "Why are you being nice?"

"I'm not being nice!" He lied, smiling.

"What do you want from me, Ray?" She asked, glaring at him as to say, 'drop the act'.

"Okay, maybe I'm being a little nice," He sighed and stopped smiling, "I don't want anything. I just have... a little bit of bad news."

She furrowed her brows at him, "What?"

"Henry—"

"Henry... what? What happened to Henry? Is Henry okay? Where is Henry? Henry's late! Is Henry okay?"

"EMILY!" Ray yelled over her rambling.

"Sorry..."

"First of all, the amount of times you just said 'Henry' is ridiculous. Second of all," He put a hand on Emily's shoulder, "Henry is fine."

"Oh," Emily relaxed, "Thank god."

Ray looked at his watch, "But you're right. He is late."

Charlotte checked her phone, "Yeah, that's weird. Right?"

"Yeah..." Emily walked to the couch and grabbed her phone, pressing Henry's name on speed dial.

Everyone in the room stared at her as it rang, "Hey, it's Henry. I'm a little busy right now, leave a message and I'll call you back." The phone beeped, signaling the end of his greeting.

"I got his voicemail," Emily sat down, dialing Henry's mom's phone number and pressing it to her ear.

"You know his mom's number?" Ray questioned with a weird look on his face.

"My brother made me memorize it when I first got this job, incase something bad happened and he wasn't around." Emily said.