xxviii. extra scary

‧₊˚✩ 彡
chapter xxviii; extra scary

‧₊˚✩ 彡chapter xxviii; ❝extra scary❞

a/n: enjoy this fluffiness !
‧₊˚✩ 彡

SUN shone through the bedroom window, streaks of light reflecting off the mirror. Emily opened her eyes, squinting them at the brightness of the room. She smiled at the sleeping boy, who had his arms wrapped around her and his face in the crook of her neck.

She played with his soft hair, twirling it between her fingers. Feeling and listening to his steady and repetitive breaths.

"Em?" Henry groaned, his voice raspy from just having woke up.

"Morning," She whispered, petting his head.

He moved his head to look up at her, smiling, and leaning up to place a soft kiss on her lips.

"Morning baby," He whispered even quieter, nestling his head back between her neck and shoulder.

She laughed lightly at the newfound nickname, resting her head on top of his.

"We have the day off," Emily said, continuing the cuddle him.

"What should we do?"

"Hmm..." She thought about it for a second. "Sleep."

Henry looked up at her, "We can't just sleep all day."

"I mean... we can."

He sighed, "We should go somewhere."

"Like where?"

Henry pulled out his phone and opened the safari, searching: "fun places to go"

"Fun places to go..." Emily laughed.

"Why is that funny?"

"Could you be any more boring?" She laughed a little harder.

"Wha-"

Emily took his phone and deleted it, retyping: "Swellview date locations"

Henry gulped, "We're going on a date?"

"Nothing formal. No fancy restaurants." She handed the phone back to Henry, "Just somewhere fun."

Henry grabbed his phone and glared at her, "Hence the reason I searched for fun places to go."