iv. through the table

‧₊˚✩ 彡
chapter iv; through the table

‧₊˚✩ 彡chapter iv; ❝through the table❞

‧₊˚✩ 彡

EMILY stepped out of the elevator, a frown on her face. She wasn't exactly excited to have to help her best friend's bratty little sister.

"There she is!" Piper screamed, walking over to Emily, "Where have you been?!"

"Gardening." Emily answered.

Henry coughs, "My job."

"Well, sometimes I garden, too." Emily argues.

"Well, no you don't."

"Well, I actually do."

"Well, don't."

"What if I do?"

"Just don't touch the roses, I like the roses!" Henry yelled.

Emily squinted her eyes, wondering if Henry played so far into this lie he started to believe they actually had a garden.

"Just—" Emily sighed, "Come on, Piper." She grabbed Piper's and Henry's wrists and dragged them out of Junk N' Stuff.

"Wow! This is gonna he great!" Piper exclaimed happily.

"Yeah, real great." Henry rolled his eyes, allowing himself to be dragged by Emily.

The two older teenagers stayed silent as Piper rambled about her social life the whole way. Luckily, Downtown Brown wasn't that far.

Piper pushed open the door and hit Emily's arm, "There! See him? That cute boy in the blue jacket."

"Yeah, I see him." Emily sighed.

"Isn't he cute?" Piper asked dreamily, to which Emily just rolled her eyes.

"I have no opinion on that," Henry said.

"Well, trust me," Piper our her hand on Henry's shoulder, "He's suuuper cute."

"Alright, cool. Blue jacket, boy, super cute... Now can we please just get this over with?" Henry rushed.

"Yeah!" Piper reaches down into a duffel bag and pulls out a fake mustache and pressed it onto Henry's face.

Emily laughed.