xxxiii. gone forever

-ˋˏ ❁ ୭̥°. ─────── .°୭̥ ❁ ˎˊ˗
chapter xxxiii; gone forever

°୭̥ ❁ ˎˊ˗chapter xxxiii; ❝gone forever❞

FINALE CHAPTERS 2/6
-ˋˏ ❁ ୭̥°. ─────── .°୭̥ ❁ ˎˊ˗

THE hallway was dark. She reached her hand out, but she didn't feel anything. The darkness swallowed her, so much that she couldn't see her extended arm in front of her. She closed her eyes.

"Emily... I need you to lay still."

She felt a sharp pressure through her neck. She twitched at the pain.

"Emily! Stay still!"

She slowly opened her eyes, coming face to face with a blue eyed surgeon.

"W-Where am I?" She stuttered.

The doctors blue eyes widened in panic as the heart monitor began beeping rapidly.

"We have a code blue!"
"She's coding!"
"She's not supposed to be awake!"
"We're losing her!"

Emily let the tears roll out of her eyes as she watched the doctors race the clock to save her life. "I don't wanna be here..."

A male doctor hovered over her face, "Listen to me! You need to relax!"

"Why did the anesthesia wear off so quickly!"
"We need a new Anesthesiologist!"

Emily relaxed as she felt the chronic pain that resided in her body disappear. The heart monitor began beeping at an agonizingly slow rate.

"She's crashing!"
"Someone intubate!"

Her vision clouded as her ears were filled with the sound of a flatline. Everyone in the room went silent, the familiar perception of failure prodding their hearts.

Emily shot up in her bed, followed by a loud bang as she harshly hit the floor. Her eyes stung with the tears that threatened to fall. She mentally cursed at herself as she heard the covers ruffle, signaling Henry had sat up.

"Emily..." He pulled himself to the end of the bed, "This is the sixth time in the last three nights." He rubbed her shoulders with his hands, trying to soothe her. "You have to tell me—"

"No," She shook her head. "I-I can't..."

He leaned back onto the bed. He just wanted to help her. But he didn't know how if she wouldn't let him.