xxxiv. a house

-ˋˏ ❁ ୭̥°. ─────── .°୭̥ ❁ ˎˊ˗
chapter xxxiv; a house

°୭̥ ❁ ˎˊ˗chapter xxxiv; ❝a house❞

FINALE CHAPTERS 3/6
-ˋˏ ❁ ୭̥°. ─────── .°୭̥ ❁ ˎˊ˗

WIND pushed against Emily's back as she fell through a blue portal known as the Time Ray. Was she being sent to the past, or future?

"Augh!" She groaned as she collided with a hard, bumpy, surface. 

"E-Emily?"

She'd know that voice anywhere. "Henry?"

She stood up abruptly, coming face to face with him. He looked the same, except half of his mask had been torn off. Tears began to form in the corner of his eyes as he placed a hand on the side of her face. "You're alive..."

She smiled, trying to hold back tears of her own. After a few seconds of staring at each other, Henry leaned down and connected their lips. The kiss was passionate and full of need. Emily pulled away after realizing something.

"What's wrong?" Henry asked, noticing her expression.

"How long has it been since I disappeared?"

He put a finger to his chin, thinking about it. "About... a year now. Why?"

She looked around them. She choked. They were standing on a blimp, overlooking Swellview, and suddenly, Emily's panic began to set in. She turned to her left and looked off into the distance. A spot of land. A sign: For sale! It was just like her nightmare, but she was sure, this was real.

Suddenly, the blimp started going more downwards than it was before. The sound of air rapidly exiting the blimp filled their ears and filled their bodies with worry.

"Kid! This blimp's goin' down!" Ray shouted, coming back up from the inside of the blimp.

"What do we do?!" Henry freaked, pulling strings attached to the engines to try to get the blimp to swerve right. "SCHWOZ?!"

"This blimp is headed right for Swellview Children's Hospital!" 

"WHAT?!"

Henry looked around, searching for ways to get this blimp to turn. He frowned upon getting an idea. It was the only idea he has, but it was risking his life. He turned around and grabbed a spear, stabbing the blimp a few more times.

"HENRY WHAT THE HELL--"

"If I let more air out on the left side, the air will push the blimp to the right!" He shouted. "I think I can steer this thing into Mount Swellview!"

"But if you steer it--" Ray gasped, "KID NO!"

"It's the only way!" He shouted.

"There has to be another way!" Emily screamed over the wind.

"There's not!"

"Give me the spear, kid!" Ray intervened.

"No!"

"Give it to m--"

"NO!"

"KID!"

"Fine! But-- before I do that. I have to tell you something!" Henry shouted.

"What?"

He took a deep breath, "I love you, buddy." Henry reached out and pulled the string on Ray's parachute.

Emily and Henry watched as Ray screamed, the wind pulling him away from the blimp and down to the ground safely.

Emily panted as she stood on the blimp. Her heart raced, and her mind filled with regret and thoughts about what she would do differently in another time.

But it was too late for that now. Here they were, on a blimp that was about to explode into the side of a mountain -- and she was losing it.

She kept her feet planted down firmly as Henry shook her shoulders, "Emily. You need to get off this blimp, now."

Despite the tears that pooled out of her eyes, and the thought of losing him again, she shook her head and stood her ground. "No."

Henry sighed, "Emily, plea--"

"No!" She snatched the spear from Henry's hands. "I'm not going anywhere!"

He looked into her eyes, taking her hand in his, "Let me promise you something..." He stepped away from her and looked off the edge of the blimp. He smiled, pointing off somewhere in the distance. "There. You see that?"

Emily followed his line of sight, right to the empty lot of land. "No, this-- This is just like before..."

He smiled and grabbed both of her hands, "You see the land for sale? That's where one day... We're gonna build a house. A house where we'll get married in the backyard. A house where we'll have a dog, a golden retriever because they're good with kids. A house where... one day... I hope to have kids of our own. At least one, but twins would be nice."

Emily couldn't stop the tears that started flowing. This was just like her dream. Exactly, like her dream. She wanted that future. But not alone. She wanted with him. "Henry..."

"Promise me!" He shouted over the gust of wind.

She aggressively began wiping her face, trying to stop the tears that just kept flowing.

"Promise me that if I don't make it, you'll do it anyway! Build a house, get a dog, have kids!" He looked directly into her eyes, his eyes growing softer, "Please..."

She leaned forward and wrapped her arms around him, tighter than she had the night she had the nightmare. "I promise, Henry. Please don't do this..."

"I have to try." Henry pulled away from her warm embrace.

They both began to lean forward into what may be their last kiss, until blimp turbulence threw Emily back. She didn't scream as her body was being forced downward by the wind, without a parachute.

The fear in both of their eyes the moment they were separated. Henry scrambled to the back of the blimp. He knew there was no way he'd be able to watch Emily fall without losing his mind. He grabbed both of the strings and pulled them with all of his strength, steering into the mountain as Emily plummeted to her death.

Strands of her hair blew in front of her face as she watched the blimp crash into the mountain, and explode, her heart along with it. Henry... She seemed to fall in slow motion as she came closer and closer to the ground. 

This was it. At least... they would be together. Then everything went black.