xxxvii. closure

-ˋˏ ❁ ୭̥°. ─────── .°୭̥ ❁ ˎˊ˗
chapter xxxii; closure

FINALE CHAPTERS 6/6!! THE FINALE !!-ˋˏ ❁ ୭̥°

FINALE CHAPTERS 6/6
!! THE FINALE !!
-ˋˏ ❁ ୭̥°. ─────── .°୭̥ ❁ ˎˊ˗

THE elevator whirred as it went down. It seemed slower than usual. It didn't feel like the usual drop. Maybe that's just because he was gone for so long.

It hit the floor with a crash.

"What was that?" Ray asked.

Emily and Ray were currently in the secret room eating chicken wings and watching Dog Judge.

"Not sure, let's go check it out." Emily responded.

They pushed open the door and walked into the Man Cave. The elevator door was open, but nobody was to be seen.

"I'll check upstairs you search around here." Ray commanded.

Emily searched all around the room and couldn't find anything. She huffed and put her hands on her hips, tired.

"Emily?" A voice came from behind her.

Her eyes opened wider than she thought possible. She whipped her body around quicker than ever before.

"HENRY!" She practically threw herself onto him, squeezing him like she was never going to see him again.

She knocked him down, but he barely even noticed. He wrapped his arms around her and put his face in the crook of her neck.

"I... m-missed you." He choked out between sobs.

She couldn't even respond.

Ray came running out from the sprocket, "Kid, what's going o—" His jaw dropped. "MY OTHER KID." Ray ran and joined the hug.

Henry groaned, "I love you guys but I think I have broken ribs."

"Oh—" Emily let go and Ray did the same.

"SCHWOZ!!" Ray screamed at the top of his lungs.

"Jesus..."

"WHAT, WHA—" He stopped and stared.

"Go get your freaky magic healing stuff," Ray ordered.

"IT'S NOT MAGIC, IT'S SCIENCE."

"JUST GO!"

"OKAY!"

Henry laughed a bit before clutching his side in pain. He was back.

HENRY was laying in Emily's bed, with Emily sitting on a chair by the bedside. She'd been sitting there the entire time, and she had no intent of moving.

Henry was asleep, his head facing her. She couldn't wait to talk to him, but she wouldn't wake him. She grabbed his hand and began to fiddle with his fingers out of boredom.

Her love was back. Her best friend was laying right in front of her. Henry was here, and he was alive. That was more than enough.

"Hey."

Emily's eyes shot up, "Oh, sorry. Didn't mean to wake you up."

"You didn't." He reassured.

She sighed happily and stared into his eyes, "You know... we thought you were dead."

He was dreading that sentence. "How long?"

"I don't know, four, maybe five weeks?"

"Oh..."

"Yeah."

The room turned to awkward silence, the only sound being the heart monitor next to the bed.

Emily mentally punched herself. There's no way they fell out of sync this easy, right? It's only been a few weeks.

"I love you." Henry whispered, leaning back against the soft pillow.

She looked back up at him and smiled, "I love you, too."

The two stayed together in the same spot, enduring a comfortable silence for the rest of the night.

And that was that. It was this one moment between the two that made their bond even stronger.

Wherever they go, and whatever happens to them on the way, in that small town at the bottom of the mountain; the two of them will always love each other.

end.