xvi. karaoke

‧₊˚✩ 彡
chapter xvi; karaoke

‧₊˚✩ 彡chapter xvi; ❝karaoke❞

‧₊˚✩ 彡

EMILY lyes curled up in her bed, the blankets in a bunch around her freezing body. She had cramps. Best time of the month. She groans and checks her phone, 2:16 am.

She squints her tired eyes as she sees that she has two missed calls and seven texts. Jasper called her twice. Piper texted her: "What shampoo do you use?" Henry texted her three times: "Hi." "Helloooo?" "Are you mad at me? :(" And Ray texted her three times: "Why are you sleeping?" "Do you know where my karaoke machine is?" "Nevermind, found it."

She shut off her phone and closed her eyes, attempting to fall back asleep. Her eyes shot open as loud pop music echoed through the Man Cave.

"YOU'RE ON THE PHONE WITH YOUR GIRLFRIEND, SHE'S UPSET!"

"SHE'S GOIN' OFF ABOUT SOMETHING THAT YOU SAID!"

"SHE DOESN'T, GET YOUR HUMOR LIKE I DOOOOO!"

Emily threw the covers off of her body and threw the door open, the loud music hurting her ears.

"I'M IN MY ROOM IT'S A TYPICAL TUESDAY NIGHT, I'M LISTENING TO THE KIND OF MUSIC SHE DOESN'T LIKE! SHE'LL NEVER... KNOW YOUR STORY LIKE I DOOOOOO!"

Emily walked through the Sprocket to see the lights off, and Ray standing on the table, shaking his butt and singing into the microphone, his karaoke machine on the couch.

"So that's why he asked where is karaoke machine was..."

Ray cleared his throat and ripped his robe off, revealing a tight pink skirt and a white baggy t-shirt, "SHE WEARS SHORT SKIRTS, I WEAR T-SHIRTS!" He pulled out pompoms and a weird hat, "SHE'S CHEER CAPTAIN AND I'M ON THE BLEACHERS! DREAMIN' BOUT THE DAY WHEN YOUuuu..."

He trailed off after noticing Emily standing in the room, watching him with her jaw hanging open.

"How uh..." He coughed, "How long have you been standing there?"

She pressed stop on the karaoke machine. "Long enough."

"Well," He played it again, "I'm a man and I have nothing to be embarrassed about!"

"A MAN, wouldn't do THAT." Emily walked back into her room and grabbed her phone. She walked through the Man Cave into the elevator.

"WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!" Ray yelled over the music.

"ANYWHERE BUT HERE!" She smiled as the door closed, sending her up to Junk N' Stuff.