xxiii. heart attack

‧₊˚✩ 彡
chapter xxiii; heart attack

‧₊˚✩ 彡chapter xxiii; ❝heart attack❞

‧₊˚✩ 彡

EMILY and Henry quickly popped a gumball and chewed it with their hyper-motility, quickly blowing bubbles into their normal clothes.

Henry was about to answer it when Emily stopped him, "Wait!" She shouted.

He jumped in alarm, "What?!"

"If your mom sees that we are in the blood bank don't you think she'll be a little suspicious?"

Henry stopped to think, "Dang it, you're right."

Emily turned her head to see a plan wall with no decoration, perfect for pictures or if you didn't want someone to know where you are.

"Here!" Emily dragged him to the wall and stood next to him as he answered the phone.

"Hi, Henry!"

"Hey, mom."
"Hi, Mrs. Hart."

"Oh hi, Emily! How's the makeup store?"

Emily cringed at the question, "Uh— It's great!"

Mrs. Hart looked back at Jasper who looked like he was about to pass out.

"I don't know how much longer I can keep it from melting!" Jasper screamed.

"WELL TRY HARDER!" Charlotte demanded.

"We can't eat the cake until we sing happy birthday to you," Mrs. Hart said.

Henry smiled, "Okay well, just keep waiting!"

There was a pound on the door, "It's the Swellview Police! Kid Danger, Girl Danger, you in there?" They pounded again.

"What was that?" Mrs. Hart asked.

"Nothing!" Emily shouted, her and Henry running over to the door to prevent the cops from getting in.

"Well we're going to sing happy birthday to you over the phone!" Mrs. Hart got everyone in place and began singing.

"Happy birthday to you!"

Another pound on the door, "You guys okay in there?"

"Happy birthday dear Henry..."

"Happy birthday to you! Bye!" Emily finished quickly and hung up.