xxxv. inhuman

-ˋˏ ❁ ୭̥°. ─────── .°୭̥ ❁ ˎˊ˗
chapter xxxv; inhuman

°୭̥ ❁ ˎˊ˗chapter xxxv; ❝inhuman❞

FINALE CHAPTERS 4/6
-ˋˏ ❁ ୭̥°. ─────── .°୭̥ ❁ ˎˊ˗

' not edited! '

"SHE'S sustained a lot of injuries, but she'll pull through." The sound of a male voice rang through her head. Her entire body was throbbing; so much pain that she couldn't feel it at all.

"Thank god..."

Her eyes shot open. Based on the voice, she had expected to wake up in a hospital room again. When actually, she was in the Man Cave, in her room, in her bed. She was alive. She sat up. Her body was a little sore, but nothing that wasn't manageable.

She sighed, running her hands through her hair, trying her hardest not to have flashbacks.

How long had it been?

Days?

A week, maybe?

She didn't know. All she could think about was the terror in Henry's eyes as she was sent flying away from him, her arms reaching out to grab him, hoping to bring him to safety.

"Emily..." Charlotte's voice called out, snapping her back to reality as she vividly recollected watching Henry die.

He couldn't be dead though, right?

A tear rolled down the side of Emily's face.

"Thank god you're alive—"

"Is Henry..." Emily cut herself off with a deep breath. "Is he.. you know.."

Ray sat on the edge of her bed and stared at the floor. Ray knew that deep inside, Emily had the feeling Henry was dead. But he also knew that hearing the words come out of his mouth was going to be hard.

The silence was loud. Emily began to panic the longer he sat still. "Well?!"

Everyone in the room jumped a bit at her drastic change in tone.

"He's gone, Em." Char piped in, knowing that Ray couldn't bring himself to say it. "I'm sorry."

She froze. Her face went blank and her body felt completely empty. He was really gone.

She sat up in her bed, groaning in pain as she remembered that she too, fell off a blimp.

"Lay back down, Emily, you need rest." Schwoz demanded quietly.

She leaned back, despite wanting to get up. Doctors orders, right? Where had she to go anyway?

She looked around at them. She'd never seen these people so sad before. Jasper was dead silent, he hadn't said a word since they brought Emily back in critical condition.

The Charlotte, Jasper, and Henry trio was no more. They were just a duo. Emily felt as if she could've saved Henry.

She felt that maybe if she'd just tried a bit harder to get through to him, he would've saved himself over her.

But regardless, what's done is done. And even though the past couldn't be changed with the Time Ray destroyed, she would feel the guilt for the rest of her life.

So she sat in the same position, staring at the same paint chip on the wall. She hadn't moved, nor said a word. She only blinked when she had to.

After a few days, it honestly kind of began to frighten the rest of the crew.

Eventually, weeks had passed.

Emily had followed the same routine everyday, the way she acted was almost inhuman. Her eyes were red, not from crying, but from lack of blinking and sleep deprivation.

The team had learned the hard way to stay out of her way. It's like they didn't exist to her anymore. If they tried to talk to her she would just dismiss you and walk away.

Emily sat on her bed with her black coffee. She hated black coffee, but she knew Henry liked it.

It's almost as if she formed her entire system of beliefs based on what Henry liked.

She didn't respond of course, but Ray had told her that they hadn't found a body, and that there could still be hope.

Did she really have it in her to believe that? Not at all. The reason they couldn't find the body was because it burned to ash. Or at least, that's what she thought.

*blink*

*blink*

HE groaned in pain as he sat up. The room around him was small, like a loft. It was freezing, the walls were made of wood, and it smelled of chocolate and laundry detergent.

Despite the intense pain and trauma his body was in, all he could think was, "What the hell?"

a/n: YA'LL I GOT LOGGED OUT OF MY ACCOUNT, IDK IF ANY OF U EVEN READ THIS ANYMORE.

COMMENT SOMETHING HERE IF YOU'RE STILL HERE PLS :)