viii. alligator

‧₊˚✩ 彡
chapter viii; alligator

‧₊˚✩ 彡chapter viii; ❝alligator❞

‧₊˚✩ 彡

EMILY groaned as she could hear Ray yelling and everyone else arguing. It was right in the morning, and Emily wasn't having it. She threw on a t-shirt and a pair of leggings and walked out into the Man Cave to see what all the commotion was.

"Today we're going to be talking about Budget Cuts!" Ray said. "Can anyone tell me what that means?"

Emily walked into the room and Charlotte raised her hand.

"Charlotte."

"That our budget's been cut," She said.

"Yes. And since the city of Swellview isn't going to be giving us nearly enough money to fight crime anymore, we're gonna have to make some slight changes around here." Ray spoke.

"What kind of changes?" Emily asked, announcing her presence to everyone in the room.

"Hey, Em," Henry greeted.

She smiled and waved back.

"Show then what you made me do to the snack machine!" Schwoz yelled.

"I was just about to talk about that! Jeez!" Ray screamed and stomped his left foot. "As I was saying, the Auto-Snacked will no longer be free. As I will now demonstrate..." Ray places his hand on the scanner, "Tuna Pot Pie."

"Tuna Pot Pie." The machine repeated. This is where it would normally beep three times and then slide open, giving you your food. Instead it said, "Fifteen Dollars."

"Fifteen Dollars?!"
"For a pot pie?!"
"Dude!"
"Well, it's worse the second time you hear it!" Schwoz yelled.

"Tough Tuna! We don't have enough money for employees to get free food anymore," Ray said.

"I have a question," Emily spoke up.

"What?" Ray asked, annoyed that she is interrupting his presentation.

"Why?"

"Our budget has been cut!" Ray yelled and he threw a piece of paper acrosss the room, "Have you been paying attention?!"

"I just walked in the room!"

He stopped throwing a tantrum and sniffled, "Right, good point." He cleared his throat, "Next, bathroom fees. Going to the bathroom will no longer be free, either."