v. adopted

‧₊˚✩ 彡
chapter v; adopted

‧₊˚✩ 彡chapter v; ❝adopted❞

‧₊˚✩ 彡

EMILY woke up and Henry was still laying on her shoulder sound asleep. As much as she didn't want to wake him, she leaned over by his ear.

"HENRY!" She screams at the top of her lungs.

"I'm up!" Henry screeched as he fell off the chair and onto the floor.

Emily laughed lightly as she pointed at Henry and he smacked her hand away from him.

"Where did everyone go?" He asked.

"Well," Emily pointed to the glass door, and it was nighttime outside. "I assume they went down to the Man Cave, or home."

"They could've woken us up!" Henry exclaimed, standing up and brushing off his pants.

"I know," Emily sighed and walked into the elevator, Henry following her.

They shot down to the Man Cave, and the doors opened revealing Charlotte aiming a laser at Schwoz.

"Char!" Emily walked over to her and grabbed the laser.

"What are you doing?" Henry asked her.

"Gimme the laser back!" Charlotte yelled, trying to snatch it.

"No!" Emily and Henry yelled.

"Well, Schwoz won't stop interrupting me with his loud, gross, chewing!" Charlotte shouted, glaring at Schwoz.

"What was he eating?"

"Worms!" Charlotte screams.

"Oh," Emily turns her head to see Schwoz shoving worms in his mouth. "On second thought..." She handed the laser back to Charlotte.

"Fire away." Henry added.

Emily was about to sit down when her phone rang. Henry gave her a look, waiting for her to tell him who was calling.

"It's my obnoxiously loud sister," Emily picked up her phone and put it her ear, "Hello?"

"Emily you have to come home, now!" Katherine yelled.

"Why? I'm working."

"Please, Em. Something bad happened." Katherine said quietly, on the verge of crying, then she hung up.