xxxii. nightmares

-ˋˏ ❁ ୭̥°. ─────── .°୭̥ ❁ ˎˊ˗
chapter xxxii; nightmares

°୭̥ ❁ ˎˊ˗chapter xxxii; ❝nightmares❞

FINALE CHAPTERS 1/6
-ˋˏ ❁ ୭̥°. ─────── .°୭̥ ❁ ˎˊ˗

EMILY panted as she stood on the blimp. Her heart raced, and her mind filled with regret and thoughts about what she would do differently in another time.

But it was too late for that now. Here they were, on a blimp that was about to explode into the side of a mountain - and she was losing it.

She kept her feet planted down firmly as Henry shook her shoulders, "Emily. You need to get off this blimp, now."

Despite the tears that pooled out of her eyes, she shook her head and kept her ground, "No."

Henry sighed, "Emily, plea-"

"No!" She snatched the spear from Henry's hands. "I'm not going anywhere!"

He looked into her eyes, taking her hand in his, "Let me promise you something..."

Emily shot up in her bed, grasping her chest and struggling to breathe. She choked on the sobs that ripped through her as she tried to wipe the tears that were falling.

She nearly jumped out of her bed when she felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist and pull her back.

"Hey..." Henry hugged her tightly, "It's okay."

Emily grabbed his arms and held them tightly, afraid to ever let go. Thinking that if she did let go, he might get hurt, and she'd never see him again.

"You're okay..."

He listened to her incessant sobbing as he held her. Clearly she had a nightmare. She's had them before, Henry knows that. But normally she'd wake up, think for a moment, then go back to sleep. He frowned, unsure of what she could've seen to upset her this much.

After repeatedly telling herself that it was just a dream, she slowly started to calm down. Her hiccups stopped, and her tense body relaxed into his. She kept her gaze on the blank wall in front of her.

"Em?"

She hummed in response, closing her eyes as she felt Henry's stare burning holes into her back.

"What did you see?"

She sighed and reopened her eyes, finding the blank spot on the wall that helps her remember where she is, and that everything's alright.