Chapter 31

The trip to the training camp was one hour long. I planned to sit beside Todoroki. If I sat with Bakugo, he'd probably insult me and burst my eardrums, and if I sat with Deku, he'd probably ramble about heroes or something like that and so, Todoroki was my best option. To save my energy I leaned my head on his shoulder and dozed off, easily blocking out the music and excited chatter of my classmates until Aizawa announced our arrival.

Everyone exited the bus and took in the scene, a forest stretched to the horizon beyond the car stop we were at.

"This is the training camp...?" I questioned, rubbing my eyes. Three figures came out of a black car parked on the side, with cat-like accessories and paws, claiming they were the Wild Wild Pussycats.

Deku's eyes gleamed in admiration, and after getting one look at my confused face, he began rambling on about who they are.

"You guys will be staying at the foot of that mountain," one of the Pussycats said, pointing to the distance.

The class shared confused glances, wondering why we all stopped here before it hit us all. "No way... they want us to get all the way over there?" I muttered, scrambling back to the bus with others behind me. I skidded to a stop when one Pussycat appeared in front of me and used her Quirk to shake and break the ground, causing us all to lose our balance and fall beyond the rail and on the mossy forest floor.

"Hey! Use your Quirks all you want! And come to the facility on your own two feet! Get through the Beasts forest!" She called out. I slowly turned around and gulped, the forest looking more menacing up close, with little sun shining through the thick and dense branches, twisted roots rising from the ground like zombies.

The thought of Aizawa letting me get through this with extra help crossed my mind, though I brushed it away when I remembered the deal I made with him during the Quirk assessment test; I wanted him to treat me like the others. I had to get stronger, and this was the only way to do it. I can't rely on anyone.

A loud thud rumbled the ground after another. I peered inside the forest, and a dirt beast emerged. Deku, Bakugo and Todoroki acted fast and destroyed the best in an instant, with its arms blasted and punched off and its legs frozen to the ground.

Without my costume or belt, I felt weak and useless before Todoroki turned around and caught my eye. He jerked his head and indicated that I should follow them. I nervously nodded and pumped my legs to catch up, my classmates following me.

Momo called my name and handed me a metal rod and a grappling gun made from her Quirk. She saw my worried look and smiled. "Don't worry about me! It didn't take much energy to make these." I nodded in thanks and gripped onto a tree, easing my senses out to pick up the whereabouts of the beasts. One sprinted towards us, and I used my grappling hook to make a line connecting to the truck of a tree that successfully tripped it, creating an opening for my classmates to attack.

After they delivered the finishing blow, I ran after the next beast that was in view, Deku running alongside me. I looked at him, and he looked at me. It was as if we shared the same idea, and he took my hand, then launched me forward. I flew towards the beast and pulled the rod back; Deku jumped and pulled his fist back. We both released a battle cry and struck the beast with everything we had, my rod skewered right through its eye.

I high-fived Deku as we landed on the ground, and the others finished the beast off. My enthusiasm and energy quickly died off as our battle progressed. The beasts seem to be never-ending, and when we finally did finish them all off, everyone was worn to the bone. I leaned on Todoroki's cold side since I was dying of heat, and as I stumbled out of the forest and into the clearing, immediately falling to my knees.

I looked up just in time to see Deku being punched in the... privates while meeting Kota, one of the pussycat's nephew. I cringed, thinking of the unimaginable pain he was in.

"Precocious brat," Bakugo said a sly grin on his face.

"Isn't he kind of like you?" Todoroki and I said simultaneously.

"Not at all! And why the hell are you on the ground?!" Bakugo yelled, his eyes stuck to me like glue.

I sighed. "I am in pain, Bakugo. Pain. Don't forget that I don't have a Quirk. I never fought that hard in my life." He huffed and put my arm around his shoulder, then hoisted me to my feet since everyone was moving somewhere else. I was grateful, and he even took me all the way to the dining room where dishes filled with the most delicious looking food was placed. My appetite hit me like a brick, and I began inhaling my food at an ungodly rate.

After the amazing dinner, I sunk into the hot water of the hot spring, my muscles melting like butter on a hot pan. I tensed up when I heard Mineta's lustful voice on the other side of the wall, though sighed in relief when Kota, our lovely bodyguard, shoved him back down.

Aizawa ordered us all to dress into our gym clothes and head outside for a meeting, my energy was halfway replenished with the bath and food.

Aizawa handed Bakugo a ball, the same one from the Quirk assessment test. Bakugo threw it, and the expectation that it would be higher than his previous score was let down when he got 709 metres. I teased him before he sent me a death glare, shutting me up.

"Since you've all improved in some areas, you'll all be working on improving your Quirks starting tomorrow." His gaze lingered in me for a split second before continuing. "This training will be so hard, you'll feel like dying, but try not to actually die."