Chapter 52

I sat back against my bed, staring at my shoes as I swished them from side to side. All four of us had tuned out the automated voice that still continued to play after two hours, and each minute during those hours they inched closer and closer to me until we all sat in a circle, knees touching.

"This is making me think... what if the heroes are fighting Keres right now? What if they need help? After all, that villain did ki-kill more heroes than ever. It honestly makes me worried." Deku split the silence with his thoughts, making Bakugo sigh with annoyance.

"Shut it Deku. No one wants to hear your useless talking. Besides, even if they were we would have heard them fighting outside. If they needed help, they would have let everyone who got their provisional license help since we're eligible to fight legally."

Deku hunched over in embarrassment. "Ye-yeah, I guess your right Kacchan."

I stretched my arms and let out an annoyed groan. "Well none of that cures our boredom, does it? Hey, let's think of something to do to pass the time. My brain is going to blow up."

Since I've been with them for a couple of hours now, it was getting easier to be around them without being stupidly nervous. Their presence alone felt comforting, and I felt an emotion that I didn't feel in a very long time. I felt like I belonged, and it was nice.

"This isn't the time for games you idiot. Besides, this will probably be over in another hour or so-"

The blond was interrupted by a change in the intercom. "Class 1A," I let out a sigh of relief as I heard our teachers' voice take over the previous message. "I know you are all confused at the moment, but please listen to what I have to say. We've got information on Keres, who was found lurking in close proximity to the dorms and school. We've also summoned heroes and have led a search for him, as they are doing so right now. I'll provide you with all more details in a moment. For now, we'll disable the security system so that you're all free to go. The exits and entrances are all locked, so there's no need to go outside."

With Aizawas announcement coming to an end, the metal door made a tiny beep before sliding upwards and exposing the original door behind it. Another click in the room suggested that the other security measures were deactivated.

"Shall we go?" Todoroki suggested, dusting himself off as he headed towards the door.

I almost squealed as I skipped towards the door happily, nodding to Todoroki who opened it for me with the other two shortly behind. "I never knew the day would come when I would hate my own room," I stated, taking in the larger space. I looked around and waved to my classmates who have emerged from their rooms too, looking famished.

"Anyways, this is no time for complaining. I'm gonna search for Aizawa and ask him a few things."

Todoroki tapped me on my shoulder. "(Y/N), as much as I'd love to go with you, I must complete my homework. I'll see you soon, I promise." Todoroki inched forward before placing a quick peck on my forehead, maintaining his smile as Bakugo muttered insults.

Deku turned to me with a sad expression on his face. "I hate to say it, but I got things to do too. I'm sorry, (Y/N). With this whole lockdown thing that just happened, I need to catch up on my training. I'll spend time with you later- eek!" He stiffened as he earned a harsh glare from Bakugo.

I sighed and waved Deku goodbye. "Well, it looks like it's just the two of us- the main character and the angry Pomeranian!"

"What the hell is that supposed to mean? And how come you get to be the main character? I'm a better fit for that title." I scoffed and shoved him playfully, searching for the door that led to Aizawas office.

"...Bakugo, can I be honest with you?" The atmosphere dulled, and I really needed to get what I had to say off my chest.

"Of course you're can. I'm... here for you." A breathy laugh slipped through my lips. It was clear that Bakugo had a hard time expressing his feelings verbally, and it was kind of cute.

"Thanks. Ah, how do I start this... well, I'm scared." He gave me a look of surprise before it transformed into something else as he suddenly grabs my shoulders and faces me towards him.

"Who's hurting you?"

"What...?"

"Who's scaring you? Who's hurting you?!" My head started to ache as he shook me back and forth, and I calmed him down to explain.

"It's Keres- and this whole situation we're going through. What if... what if he somehow breaks into the dorms and what if we have no choice but to fight and what if we get hurt-"

He cut me off with a growl. "You're the one that should calm down, you're starting to sound like Deku- and it's pissing me off. Besides, if that were to happen," he pulled me into his chest and sighed heavily, his breath ruffling my hair, "I'd protect you no matter what. Got it?"

I smiled softly and gripped his shirt, nodding softly. "Bakugo. Thank you. Ah, we better continue searching for Aizawa before curfew. I'd rather avoid Aizawas punishments if I can." I shivered at the thought of getting another house arrest, then thought again as we're all already on lockdown.

But still, the uneasiness that grew with every day was temporarily suppressed as I held Bakugo's hand.