xiii. Save A Life

╔═════════════╗

╔═════════════╗

✧·゚:CHAPTER THIRTEEN*:·゚✧

╚═════════════╝

✧·゚: *✧·゚:* t.r.a.c.k.s *:·゚✧*:·゚✧
date: 29th December 2013
location: Italian Countryside

    ━━They were on the search for Quinn. After the incident at the Academy, Coulson's Team were at high and low trying to stop Quinn's plans before they even started. They didn't rest. They went to Jamaica to find a weapon that another S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent swore was connected to Quinn━something of Chitauri inspiration and combined with Overkill technology (as Fitz-Roy-Simmons assessed). This led them to Cybertek, a small organisation dealing with scientific research that might be working for Quinn (or his buddy the Clairvoyant━yeah, he's back. Surprise!), and the weapon that they would be carrying through the Italian Countryside via train. Their mission: make sure it never reaches Quinn. 

    May and Ward were on offence; find the weapon, get rid of the mercenaries travelling with it, and take it. Coulson and Jemma were positioned strategically to ensure the mercenaries can be followed (with a little help from Jemma's 'dead mother's ash'). Skye, Fitz and Roy were tasked with communications, appointed to make their way to the bag carriage and set up comms. All of which, were undercover (and trying very hard to make this work). 

     Roy had been paired with Skye, because, well ... she's terrible at lying. 

    Sitting down, Skye looked over the brochure's she had taken back from the ticket station. Beside Fitz, Roy fiddled with her fingers, nervously glancing around. Considering her last run-in with lying straight through her teeth, it's understandable that she was terrified. What if she messed this up for the entire team? She'll mess this up, and then forever be shamed, and kicked off the team, knocked down to below Level One...

     "Are you nervous?" Fitz's words startled her from her thoughts. 

     She was about to reply with a sarcastic no, but then realised he was talking to Skye and not her. Oh, right. Skye had been distant lately; driven (as Ward would say). The hacker pursed her lips and flicked through to the next page of the brochure. "Just ready for this all to be over," she said. "Ready to get Quinn."

      Fitz nodded, "Me, too." He glanced to his side at Roy, awaiting a similar response.

     "Oh, yeah, yeah, same," she muttered off-handedly, looking outside at the grapevines across the country. 

      "So," went on the engineer, "are we British or American?"

     Skye frowned, "Does that matter?"